Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 10, 2014

I haven't posted for a couple of days because I haven't been feeling very well, but also had troubles linking to Donald's WiFi.  He fixed that for me this evening so I just wanted to write a short post.

I am anxious for my post op which is tomorrow afternoon.  I'm hoping the Dr. can recommend a pain med that doesn't have the side effects of the narcotic drugs.  I have it down to where I am only taking one pill in the evening, and it relaxes me so that I can sleep through the night fairly well.  It also makes me unsteady on my feet which is not a very comfortable feeling, but at least my memory is getting better.

I will probably be staying at Steve and Meg's for a couple of nights.  By the middle of next week I should be able to be on my own although it surely won't be as nice as being with company.

I have to do something about my weight and have absolutely no clue as to what it might be.  I got on Jeannie's scale yesterday and it registered 108.  I don't know what I weighed at age 10, but I'm sure it was more than 108!  I just don't know how to get my appetite back.

Take care, and I'll be back soon.

7 comments:

  1. If I could, I would give you some of my extra pounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a sister in law who had no appetite ... her doctor told her to drink milkshakes all day long.

    this would, to someone, like me... be hog heaven.

    My Mother also lost her appetite after surgeries ... we kept her in Boost ... she loved Strawberry ... with the double protein. Ensure is another one used by my Uncle ... he absolutely wouldn't eat anything and it became really scary.

    In each of these cases, drinking fat and protein kept them feeling better with gained energy

    You can also make your own smoothies, but these are so convenient. Mother liked hers cold. We kept two bottom bins in the fridge filled with Boost ... one with just the strawberry, her favorite and the other with mixed for fun and variety ;)

    I hope you can find something that will give you energy. There are so many new products out now already bottled.

    I love Bolthouse smoothies but gave them up because of the sugar in my favorite ~ Protein Plus Coffee ... I drank these while traveling. 16 grams of protein in one glass ~ 8oz.

    http://www.bolthouse.com/product/proteinpluscoffee

    I know you like biscotti ... just keep a supply near you to grab all day long with this protein drink ... the whole bottle is 30 grams of protein.

    You need to get well and go camping... spring's a coming ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the doc gives you all good wonderful news on the checkup! And I second the hint on Boost or Ensure. Good for you and easy to drink.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can manage whole milk, try putting a quarter cup of dry milk into a cup of whole milk. This should up the protein value. I've read that adding Ovaltine is a good nutrition booster, as well as the "instant breakfast" powders. This isn't meant as a substitute for a meal, but as a supplement. If you can manage the extra sweetness, try a dollop of honey in this drink. It might take more energy to stir it up than the honey provides, but worth a try!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Carolyn has great ideas. I sure wish I could drink milk shakes all day long. I'd be willing to give you 15 pounds of mine if I could. Sounds like you are just going to have to force yourself to eat. And eat high calorie foods. Hope you stay with your kids until you feel really pretty near normal. thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was talking to my friends about side affects of surgery and one of them is memory lose. It will last a while until all the anesthetic clears the system and of course those pain killers are bad too. That is drug of choice for some because of the feeling they get.

    I think Carolyn is right too. Just don't fight it just do them. They are very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go along with Sherry I could fedx you 10 or so... :) I guess even a full body beer wit put some weight on you too, and hell if you got the beer might as well grab some triple cheese crust pizza also. Feel well

    ReplyDelete