Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Back to my old haunts

Yesterday evening was my first trip back to the gym, and it was like going the first time ever.  I didn't realize I'd have to start all over from scratch, but I believe it shouldn't take me quite as long as it did the first time to get into decent shape.  My weight has shot up to 110# though.

Those wily doctors all told me I could do whatever exercises I felt like doing, but little did I realize there would be so much I don't feel like doing, at least at first.  But I'm going to do a little better each time, until I surpass where I left off!  Today I think I will just walk a few miles on the treadmill, but you never know.  Last night I was completely aware of when the endorphins hit my brain (or whatever they do) - all the pain was gone in an instant and I was enveloped in a warm sense of well being.  That's heady stuff, and the feelings of well being are still with me.




This will be my first time driving my car for a while, and I have mixed emotions about it, which surprise me.  

I'm back home now after just going to the gym.  I had a list of other stops I wanted to make, but after a mile on the treadmill I just wanted to come home, have lunch and a protein shake.  It's amazing how much fun walking can be out on a trail with a partner, as opposed to the monotony of a treadmill or by oneself.

I could use a snooze right now and then maybe I'll feel like going back out later.  Have a good day.







8 comments:

  1. So true about the treadmill. The only way I can do it is to have a book on tape I'm listening to. I'd rather walk around the neighborhood alone than on a treadmill. Glad it made you feel so fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good for you glad to hear you made it back to the gym, and like Sherry said it's tough walking on those things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are getting back into your routine. Keep going and keep smiling it all works out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went out too in the 34 degree weather with WIND .... didn't last to long.... YAY for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can make about fifteen minutes on a treadmill or three hours out walking on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, baby steps and a little at a time. Soon you will be up to snuff!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know what you mean by a monotonous treadmill. Think I made it about 50 feet one time before the boredom threw me right off on the floor....

    ReplyDelete
  8. A FEW MILES??? Good Grief, after my surgery I was still holding my abdomen when I walked for weeks afterward. Poor Katie didn't get a decent walk for months. Don't push too much. You just had surgery, girl!

    Do I sound like your mom? Sorry about that. I guess I don't have any kids to boss around anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete