Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 17, 2014

Totally Bored!

I am getting more bored by the hour lately, but still don't have the energy to get in the car and drive to places I need to go.  Now with the weekend coming up I know I won't take the car anywhere.

Thanks to all who have patiently explained things like converter boxes, analog vs digital, etc.  I seem to want tv but then I don't, and there is no clear cut winner so far.  Trying to replace boredom with boring shows doesn't make much sense.

It's ironic that as we get older we like to slow down, but at the same time technology is driving the world and everything in it at a faster and faster pace.  It's too bad we don't have a choice.  I know I'm a bit eccentric in my distaste for a lot of hi tech gadgets and equipment, but I honestly am tired of getting used to something and then - poof - it is updated and completely changed.  It isn't that I'm so stupid I can't keep up, it's the fact that I don't see the need to fill my brain with stuff I don't even want to know.  I'm retired, ya know, and I keep very well informed with things I'm interested in, but don't see the need to be bothered with things and ideas that I no longer care about.  I know we each have our levels and areas of interest and while I respect the techno geeks out there who love every new gadget that comes along, I just don't fall into that category.

It's an hour past lunch time and I'm not the least bit hungry.  This is really agonizing and I feel like a glutton.  I guess one can't be much of a glutton on about 1200 calories a day though.

It looks like CA is going to be in a severe drought situation while the probability of multiple forest fires looms.  I've often wondered why there hasn't been any move to develop and build desalinization plants on the U.S. coasts.  Some day it may come to that, and then we'll be scrambling.

I'd better stop before I piss too many people off!


11 comments:

  1. I sure like the Western channel. They play all the old western shows that I watched years and years and years ago. Most all of them are in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Dizzy Dick said.. .we enjoy the old westerns. Although we don't have cable or dish, the new digital channels have subchannels that sometimes runs old shows. Our WEtv shows Gunsmoke, Big Vally, The Rifleman, Bonanza etc. Also MASH and Gilligans Island etc. We watch those sub stations more than any regular network.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, why not send Janice an email at Tamarac to see if she has pursued volunteers residing in the bunkhouse? That would give you something to eliminate the boredom. I know the other couple that will be volunteering there next summer, and we could have a jolly old time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit to being dragged by my children into some of the latest hot stuff. I also have to admit, once I got into what I thought was silly unnecessary stuff, I found that I liked it and much of it I would now not want to give up:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems to me boredom is a good sign. Means you are ready to get on with new things. I still can't figure out why we have to move from Windows XP. It was the best operating system Microsoft ever had. Is that why they changed it? To give them something to do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The simple solution for your distaste of hitech gadgets is to simply not buy any. It's that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your negativity just leaps off the page in every post you submit. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me sad that you think a comment like this will be helpful to Gypsy.

      Delete
  8. Maybe you should take the time to read up on your new camera. I also like to watch youtube videos. There are all sorts of amateur "how to" videos, like how to change a typewriter ribbon, or how make envelopes.

    I like to watch videos of organ recitals, where you can see nice close ups. And one video leads to another and pretty soon it 2 hours later.

    There are probably videos on how to put up a tent by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I now you like to read, I forgot to post that I finished The Book Thief You might enjoy reading that. I was surprised that I got into.

    I'm not very good with all these new things. I can't even figure out why I can't post pictures.
    But I am not going to let it get me down. Just move on to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling better! and glad you like the video I sent.... and I like Willie a bunch also ... ;)

    ReplyDelete