Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Do-nothing Sunday

At nearly 1:30 in the afternoon I still haven't showered or gotten dressed.  If I decide to stay as I am, I can just crawl back into bed tonight as I am!

I tried to find out where is the Quebec River, as I mentioned in yesterday's blog.  Can't find a trace of it!  Maybe it is called by a different name now, but you would think the internet would have some reference to it.

Barney commented on my doctor's advice that folks over 65 shouldn't take NSAIDS.  I did look up a couple of websites that sort of support that view - the American Geriatric Society warns that NSAIDS can lead to decreased kidney function as well as cardiovascular disease.  The AGS report also warns of Tylenol in that it can cause liver damage.  So I guess seniors are between a rock and a hard place if the AGS is to be believed.  Their conclusion seems to be that doctors might prescribe opioid pain relievers - which is what I so diligently quit using when I found them to be just too delightful!  I guess what one takes to relieve pain is between the doctor's recommendation and a personal choice.  The doctor doesn't have to live with the results of the pain or the side effets of pain relievers.

I found a packet with 4 Mucinex tablets left over which supposedly expired in 2012.  I took one and the effects were remarkable, so I've taken the rest of them, 12 hours apart.  Now I'm out of them and should go buy another package of them.  But then I will have to get dressed!  Rats!

My ice cream stash is going down a little at a time.  Last night I had several scoops on top of a slice of cheese filled crumb coffee cake.  I don't think this is exactly what I should be eating but it sure tasted yummy.

I'm enjoying my book - the English cozy - they always make me think of how nice it would be to live in a small English village.  Although in reality, living in an old small village anywhere has its down side - you are forever considered to be an outsider unless you were born there, and gossip is rampant.  I know that was true in Ireland, and I just let it roll off my back.  I can't complain though, as I was very well accepted by the folks who mattered to me.

4 comments:

  1. As far as I am concerned, ice cream can cure anything that ails you. I always try to have some every night, but I am now out of it. Dang, what will I do, what ever will I do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...ice cream sounds like a good cure for what ails you... And Steveio agrees!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Jim and your ice cream cures. He wants me to get a can of peaches, throw them in a pan with some cinnamon to heat it up and then pour over the ice cream. The peaches sound good without the ice cream to me. I didn't get dressed until this afternoon. Knew we weren't going anywhere and just read my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a discussion with my Dr. about Tylenol since I can't take anything else. He said they never really said what dosage level starts to get dangerous. He said just don't eat them like candy, on the serous side he said don't do more that 4 a day unless we talk about it first.

    I started on musinex with this last crud I had after I finished my prescribe meds it works pretty good.

    ReplyDelete