Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Enough of this!

I had my post op visit yesterday and hit a whopping 105.2 on the scale!  I've had enough of this craziness and have made up my mind I'm going to get well, gain weight, and get back to living again, as soon as I can manage it all.

The visit went well - I can do anything I want to do as long as it doesn't hurt - work outs at the gym pretty much without restriction, and driving as soon as I an off the oxycodone.  I've gotten myself down to 1 pill a day in the evening, which makes my evenings and nights feel much better.  When I get back home I may trying using a pill cutter and get down to taking 1/2 dose.

I left Jeannie & Donald's yesterday afternoon and will be at Steve & Meg's for 2 or 3 days - probably go back home on Monday and try to get back into somewhat of a routine.  My normal route right now is mostly laying around 24 hrs.  I'd like to get back go the gym but will have to be able to drive, so it's just one thing contingent upon another.

Donald is doing extremely well after his surgery and is even up walking with a brace, and sometimes without crutches.  His recovery will take some time but he sure has a good start on it.  Soon we will all be using the gym and feeling much better.

Several people have mentioned drinks such as Ensure, which I used while in the hospital and now and then at Jeannie's house.  I found the vanilla drink to be ok but I sure got sick and tired of it in a hurry.  I have written before, I am not a big fan of smoothies, shakes, or anything that blends everyting into one consistency.  I prefer the separation of taste and textures in my food, although I don't mind the high protein shake with frozen fruit before and after workouts.  I know they will taste better to me than Ensure.  It is really a matter of getting enough food to expand my capacity to eat more food.  At my weight, there just isn't room to stuff myself with anything.  

I hate to become obsesed with weight, calorie intake, etc., so I probably won't weigh myself for a while.  I will beat this thing and get healthy again.  And I promise that my next blog post will be about anything but my health!

14 comments:

  1. Your positive attitude will go a long way towards recovery. I wish you had my appetite for awhile and I yours, it would help both of us big time LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was using oxycontin and exycodone after cancer surgery.. And is was hard as HE!! getting off of the stuff.. I like you weaned myself down to lower doses.. Then one night I had a couple of rum cokes and let that put me to sleep.. The next morning I decided I was off of that stuff... I still hurt like the devil late at night, but vowed to get thru it with a beer and some tylenol.... Good luck with these things as you have the rest of your days ahead of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you feel better soon, Gypsy.
    Maybe some B12 would buck up your appetite?
    Happy Trails, Penny.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure hope you get back to your good ole self soon. Yes, I agree with LakeConroPenny, vitamin B12 will help healing and the appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you were closer, I'd make you a chocolate malt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your attitude, try ensure poured over ice and dring with a straw every afternoon as a snack. Also keep up some sort of exercise like walking. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried both Ensure & Boost & of course liked them both but then again I like all that milkshaky kind of stuff. Sounds to me like you are already getting back to your good old self & have pretty much put the operation behind you. It will be a nice feeling to get home & once again regain control of your life:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to put those drinks in the freezer for about an before I plan to drink them. The drink will be just starting to freeze and gives it a better consistency. Especially the milk chocolate, yummy. Hope you're back to the gym and your old self real soon. Becki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you go girl you'll get there in no time and will be back driving and hiking across the USA again real soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. whatever works ... whatever you've been doing needs a boost ... so hopefully you'll find something that will give you energy and you like.

    Glad you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if they meant for you to just drink that stuff but as an added protein boost with your food intake. But I am glad to hear you had a good Dr. visit.
    Just keep the positive outlook and keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are surely do for an upswing. I hope it is on the way. 105 is the weight at which I feel the very best

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup, along with the others, I am glad you are looking forward and great attitude! Glad the family is still looking after you till you get off the oxy, but you are a determined chick and will persevere! LOL

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete