Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 20, 2014

I finally got out of the house this weekend, and on Saturday went with Jeannie & fam. to a nearby mall.  I don't normally like to go anywhere near a mall, but I jumped at this opportunity to be out and about.  

It was a pleasant experience for me as there were no crowds at all considering this was a Saturday.  It's sad to think that a way of shopping will be gone in a few years, run out by online shopping in my opinion.  Think what that will do to local tax bases, employment, wages, etc.  

I got a new watchband at Sears watch repair, and the tech put it on the watch for me.  Good thing because I couldn't even see the tiny little screws that hold it.  No service is why I quit going to local discount stores for a watchband - they quit doing the replacement.  I'm very happy with the band and with Sears, and am willing to pay for service.

I was really worn out from the walking I did and just the sitting up for that length of time.  Yesterday it was time to do laundry - 2 full loads.  I can wash them at home but I don't have a dryer, so that meant 2 trips across the street to the laundry room for each load.

This morning I got an offer from Joe to take me down to the American River near where we lived in the 1980's.  He runs along the river parkway and has told me how low the river is now.  He has seen deer in that area, including a big buck, but I doubt they will be visible in the middle of the day.

Steve and Joe used to meet me at the end of the street when I got home from work in the 1980's - the rule was that they couldn't go down to the river until I went with them.  Of course they spent entire days there but I was ignorantly blissful back then.  This first picture is usually where we went - I took a chair along for myself and set it in the shallow water, while they swam and played in the cold river.
 





I was surprised to see the mountain lion warning a couple of places along the trail.

We went back to Joe's after walking a little over 2-1/2 miles, and he quickly cooked up some shrimp - delicious and welcome after my exertion in walking that distance.  According to the app on his iPhone, we walked 2-1/2 miles averaging 3mph.  I didn't think I could do that well and am thrilled.  It's so nice walking with someone rather than on my own, and I enjoyed being along the river again.

I'm going to the gym later on today, and I'm really looking forward to it.  What were once fairly decent muscles now look so sad, and I'm determined to get back in shape as well as to gain a whole lot of weight.

The more I write on this blog the more screwed up it becomes, with photos out of alignment, etc.  Maybe the published version won't be so bad.

I think I need a short nap!


8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great week-end to me. You were out and about and today too. Very encouraging.

    I agree about being willing to pay for service. But I don't think on line is going to put in person stores out of business. Especially women want to try clothing and feel the sheets and towels they are buying on not just order it on line and when they start charging taxes on on line purchases then it won't be that much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos looked lined up right to me. I'm not sure I could do the 2.5 miles now. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day and your pictures look fine. what a nice memory... I used to do that... I'd take my chair and sit in the water ... watched the boys... our river was a running over rocks type and i'd sit on a rock and let the water run over me on an ol hot summer day ... ;(

    nice memory ... appreciate your bringing up! god... you have more energy than I do ,.. and I haven't had surgery. I'm having a looooon talk with me

    Great to see you up and about and feeling good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great weekend and a great day today. Your doing quite well I'd say. Your pictures look great and at least you can download.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You're leaving most of us in your dust. What a gal!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo glad you are getting out and about! Wow.. 2 and a half miles is amazing.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete