Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A setback day

I'm having one of those setback days today - on the one hand feeling a whole lot better, but on the other hand having more kinds of pain that can really be challenging.  I'm trying to cut way back on the oxycodone since I'm sure it adds to my problems and no doubt makes the pain worse.  I figure if I can skip a dose and get it down to 2 pills in 24 hours, then dropping it altogether won't be so difficult.

Steve wrote and invited me to visit and stay a while at their house, so I will probably do that on Friday evening and be there for a few days.

I just talked on the phone with my two NY grandsons about the fine looking snowman they built.  They told me it is 7F there right now.  My brother Bill, who now lives in Milwaukee, reminded me of the blizzards of the late 1970's when the Ohio River froze over.  My husband and I walked about halfway across with our kids until it got too bumpy and impassable.  It was an awesome experience.  I think it was the same year that the Cincinnati Bengals beat San Diego in the playoffs - the Bengals wearing short sleeve jerseys.  Many of the crazy fans, my husband included, also wore short sleeve shirts to the game; the phsychological factor must have worked because the Bengals handily won that game, only to be beaten the following week somewhere in warmer climes.

I'm not sure when I can get back to regular reading of blogs, but I'm still not able to to read anyting for very long.  I'm sure anxious to know what you are all doing!  Take care.

8 comments:

  1. You just take care and REST!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking yourself off pain medications is simple but don't go from two to none. Spend less time on two and drop it to one a day mainly at night so you will be comfortable enough to sleep. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can tell you right now what I'm doing. coughing my brains out. But I am getting better even if I do sound like Kirmit's sister.
    Keeping a positive attitude and let your body tell you what is best. Nice to be going to stay at another helpful house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a good idea to change your meds on your own. Call your doctor and let him know what's going on and ask him what to do. I used to take less than a full dose of everything I buy over the counter, and a doctor said then I was just wasting my money and not to bother. She said if I need something, take the full dose recommended. I've done that ever since. (Just a little unsolicited advice.)

    Feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Barbara... and I know nothing about nothing but that sounds right. I know with Mother and Dad, they were told amounts and I was to administer them without fail.

    and, as Judy said... take care, Marty... you truly are blessed with such caring kiddos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your main job right now is to heal and get back to your good ole self. We understand if you don't post, but thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your header had me worried. Hope you won't be in a hurry or rush anything. In my experience it ends up slowing down recovery. Glad you have such a wonderful family to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete