Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 27, 2014

I did leave the house today

After getting dressed I decided I didn't feel like going anywhere, but then got a message from my doctor that I could go to the local clinic for my blood tests and flu shot, no appointment necessary.  Since I have an appointment to see her tomorrow morning, I wanted the lab results to be available, so I left the house in a hurry!

I was really in pain a couple of hours after dinner last night - I think I ate too much ice cream too soon after eating dinner.  Usually I have the ice cream shortly before I go to bed.  I took the maximum dose of extra strong painkillers, which did nothing to ease the pain.  It disappeared after I lost everything in my stomach.

So I am not going to count calories or try to stuff more food into myself than I feel good with.  The heck with it - I am very disheartened, but I just give up.

That flu shot hurt more than I remember from last year.  Maybe next year I'll be really healthy and won't bother to get one.  Isn't that something to look forward to?


7 comments:

  1. Ice cream is the best medicine, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember, you are still on the right side of the grass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things get better. Maybe starting to day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Just remember getting older isnt for sissies and we arent sissies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my mum had her gallbladder removed, they warned her that high-fat foods would likely cause her stomach upset. Sorry to have to suggest it, but could your ice cream be prolonging your upset?

    ReplyDelete
  6. /good to get those tests and the shot done. I should get the flu shot when I get home.


    try a little ice cream at your regular time an see if that is better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We almost lost my Aunt this year from the flu shot.
    She was in the hospital for over a week and had home health care for almost a month.

    No flu shot for me right now.

    ReplyDelete