Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 14, 2013

What is it about birthdays

Last year I was recovering from pneumonia, and this year I'm not feeling so well either.  In the next couple of months I have the gallbladder surgery and another ERCP, plus dental work that desperately needs to be done.  The only thing I can do to counteract all the gloom is to start planning a camping trip!

Mike gets in at about 1:00 this afternoon, and I think it's all set for pizza and beer tonight at Straw Hat.  I don't know how much of either I will be able to have, but I'll give it the good old birthday try.

Tomorrow Mike, Steve and I will drive down to Livermore, CA where we will be over the weekend.  All my siblings will be there - the first time we've all been together for quite a few years.  I'm looking forward to taking lots of pictures.

The occasion is that Rob, my youngest brother, is being ordained a permanent deacon of the Catholic church.   It will be good to see everyone again, and especially since it will be a happy occasion rather than the other kind.  My daughter and her family will be driving down on Saturday afternoon, and I think Joe is going to try to get there as well.  Joe is in his final weeks of school and probably needs a short break from the studies.

I got a call yesterday that my roll of b&w film is developed and ready to be picked up, so I got dressed this morning for the drive over when I realized I took an oxycodone tablet at about 7 a.m.  The medicine doesn't make me feel woozy or the slightest bit light headed, but I don't dare drive for a while.  I'll just get the film next Monday.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting so sick and tired of always being asked to sign in with my username and password.  Of course I ALWAYS get the response that the password is incorrect, so I end up having to reset it with a new password, knowing that in a week or two at most I'll have to do it all over again.  I've made a list of future passwords that I can use.  

I just read a blog and made a comment, but couldn't publish the comment until I came up with the correct password.  I wonder if any of the 10 or so anonymous comments I receive every day on my blog ever get asked for their password.  The comments so far have all been to the same post and I was wondering if I could just remove the post, but I couldn't find anything to tell me how to do that.  The commenters would just pick another post to leave their garbage.  Some of the comments are just a group of words that have no meaning or relation to one another, and some are a little on the obscene side.  I don't read them but get a glance when I'm marking them as spam.  Google sure doesn't protect me from this annoyance while they are constantly badgering me to prove that I'm me.

I'm going to go lie down for a while as I want to be feeling as good as possible this evening. 

14 comments:

  1. Have a great Birthday.

    BTW, back when we were going to a naturalist doctor, we were put on a gall bladder cleanse. Now that I look back, I don't know if that was easier than the operation. If it flares up again, I may opt for the operation, maybe. I much prefer to do it a natural way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you felt better for your birthday. But having the whole gang together for a happy occasion will really help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be thinking of you having a birthday pizza and a couple beers. There my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a glorious time tonight. Being with friends/family always makes things feel better! ;-> You'll be back in the swing of things before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pizza and Beer ought to cheer up even the worst "feel-bads". Hope the rest of your birthday is better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy happy birthday. Hope you are feeling back to normal soon. Next year's birthday will be a really good and well one.3rd time's the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Gypsy. May you have many more, and may each one be better than the last. Thanks so much for being so dependable here. You are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Martha I think havering all your kids and G/kids is sure to make you feel a whole lit better...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy, happy day to you.. hope you had a good time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have a great group to be with on this special day:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Gypsy
    Being around your kids will make you feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a good many more happy birthdays! a password that's easy to remember is google stinks...lol OldRB

    ReplyDelete