Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 18, 2013

Home

I'm back into life here at home now.  Mike called and said he spent the night in Chicago, but didn't get to NY until 1pm this afternoon.  

I received notification by mail while I was gone that the repeat ERCP is scheduled for Jan. 14 at 2:00 pm.  I wish I could have spoken with someone because I certainly would prefer an earlier appointment.  At least this time I will know that I can eat and drink later than the midnight before.  I think the worst was the caffeine headache I was beginning to get by about 2 in the afternoon.  I usually mix some decaf beans with the regular ones, but maybe a week or so before this procedure I'll move to mostly decaf and see if it helps.  The organic decaf I buy doesn't taste like any other I've ever used, but just has a great full-bodied coffee flavor.  I could probably learn to drink it exclusively, but why should I.

I see the gallbladder doctor this coming Friday and sure hope they can speed things up in that regard, as I know I will require more recuperation time.  Yuk, I will be so glad when this is all over with, but on the other hand, I hate to be wishing my life away.  If I'm not going to feel better until next February, do I really want next February to hurry up and get here?

I'm back on the kick of wanting a black lab!  There is a new one listed in the Lab Rescue website that is about 8 yrs old.  (There is a lower adoption fee for a senior dog, 9 yrs and older.)  They don't say what part of CA he is in, although it's Central CA Lab Rescue.  

Central CA covers a large area and I'd like to have some idea of how far away I would have to go even to see and check out the dog.  A nearby town's Petsmart has bi-monthly Sundays featuring 4-6 labs from the rescue organization, but this particular lab isn't listed as available in that location so he is probably a lot further south.  If it's meant to be . . .

After all the sunny 75 degree days, this week will be in the 50's and 60's with heavy rain tomorrow and Wednesday.  I know how badly we need the rain, so I will try not to complain about it.

I just got an email reply about the location of the black lab of interest, and he is not too far from here, but is in one of their kennels right now recovering from a case of kennel cough.  He will then be placed in a foster home.  That sounds promising and would possibly give me some time for my surgery.  I know I can count on one of my kids to help me out with a dog if necessary for a few days, but of course I'd rather be able to bond with and handle a new dog on my own for a while. 

4 comments:

  1. All of this too will pass and maybe not fast enough for you. I like the idea of you getting a dog. They are good companions. So nice that you spent time with your family...Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get yourself fixed up before you get a new dog. A new dog may take up a lot of your time and energy. I love dogs and I am sure you and your new dog will bond quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you call and ask for an earlier appointment? I hope your appointment on Friday will speed things up for you. It does seem like a long time to wait until February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Dizzy said... you going to feel like walking your dog a couple of times a day?

    By springtime you'll be a new kiddo ... great time for new beginnings. dogs ~ camping ~ hiking ~ good beer and pizza ...

    My Mother had gallbladder problems and was given a list of foods to avoid that would cause a flare up.

    You won't like the list so I won't give it to you... but uh coffee and beer are on the list. I know I know ... but they are... cheese ~ dairy

    Mother loved beans, rutabagas, turnips and turnip greens ~ no problem giving up coffee, loved Dr. Pepper ~ never drank alcohol ~ but she really hated giving up those favorites.

    She would have an attack that would bring her to her knees.

    terrible ... but after it was removed ... she could eat her favorite stuff again with moderation. She was especially delighted when she could have her Hershey's Kisses again. chocolate was bad. well, sugar period.

    Just keep thinking SPRING... yay

    ReplyDelete