Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 29, 2013

Being superlazy today!

I didn't even get out of bed until 9:30am, and then realized I'd better get the prescriptions filled that were given to me in the hospital - two are antibiotics, and one anti-nausea pill.  I read the info that the pharmacy includes with the meds, and find that one of them can't be taken within two hours of so many kinds of vitamins and minerals, a lot of which I normally take.  I'm going to have to have a clear head in order to stay ahead of this game!

I talked to Jeannie who clarified the events of the past couple of days - including the fact that I was in the ER from about 1:00 or 1:30 am until 4:30 pm.  Most of that time I had already been admitted to the hospital but they just didn't have a bed available!  UCD Med center is a county hospital as well as a trauma center, and gets many patients brought in by chopper from a big part of northern CA.  Jeanne had called Steve and Joe - Steve came to the ER and Joe was actually working clinical at the hospital and was able to stop in to see me for a few minutes off the job.  He joined us after his shift was over and the four of us talked and laughed a lot - I'm sure we made enough noise that the ER personnel didn't keep us any longer than necessary.  When we all got to my room we continued the party for a while, and they left to get something to eat at a nearby restaurant.  

I learned this morning they went to Hoppy's, a local small craft brewery that I love!  I am pretty put out that they went to Hoppy's without me and that is going to be on the list of places they are just going to have to take me to in the near future - when I can enjoy the fish & chips, and the on-site brewed beer as well.  I am fortunate to have had company who kept me entertained during the long wait for a room.  I was so tired, however, I probably contributed very little to the entertainment except as audience, and of course I played "straight man" to their jokes. I am so grateful for my children!

5 comments:

  1. The last post my blog roll had for you was "One Chore Accomplished"!

    I was wondering about you last night... thinking I hadn't seen anything from you ...

    So glad you have your great kiddos. What a wonderful bunch and the sense of humor? outstanding....

    sorry you gotta go through this but ... it'll be over and off to hiking and playing and camping and fish n chips and beer... hahaa

    good for you... your positive mental attitude will get you flying outta there... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take good care of yourself, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO wonderful to have your children near by and that they are so much fun! Hope they get you in for that operation at the end of next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughter is truly a wonderful medicine especially when shared with family. Take care of yourself and good luck with taking the pills when they should be taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed that post about the er too. Hope your feeling better and at least you did make Thanksgiving.
    And reading about your prescriptions reminded me I have some to pick up too.
    Gosh I need to go camping and get my head straight

    ReplyDelete