Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 11, 2013

New eyeglasses

My new glasses came in today, 3 days earlier than promised, and I drove over to Walmart to pick them up.  A few adjustments and I was out of there.  You know how it is when you get a new prescription and glasses - it takes a little while to get used to the difference.  By the time I drove the mile or so home I was already feeling good about them.  The one thing I'm not crazy about is that although the lenses darken in the sun, my view doesn't look any darker.  I think I still prefer my Serengeti sunglasses, which are fine for most times when the sun is very bright.

I haven't tried reading a book yet to see if the reading part of the lens is better.  I just finished two of Patrick McManus' mystery novels and they are in my car ready to go back to the library, where I have a few more books on order.

I've done a little cleaning today but not much.  I guess I'm not planning to expire tomorrow - in fact, although I'm leery about the whole thing I'm looking forward to getting the damn procedure over and done with.  Never again!

I will try to post an update on Wednesday if I can.  Otherwise, y'all take care and I'll be back when I'm back.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know what this procedure entails, but best wishes go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought, transition lenses do not work in the car, because there is something in the windshield that blocks the rays that change the lenses. I too would rather just where regular sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking about you, Gypsy, and hoping all turns out well! My problem with transition lenses is that it takes so long for them to change when I come indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be thinking of you too. Best wishes for a great and quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, and it will be over before you know it.....!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to see you in your new glasses when you are back from your procedure. Hoping everything is easy and goes perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote you an email because I hadn't seen a post from you today ... haven't heard from you so was worried a bit... glad you posted and look forward to hearing when you're back and all ready to git....

    good wishes... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best part of any procedure is taking it from the future & putting it in the past. It's just the transition from one to the other that is the big bug-a-boo. Count on the good feeling you will have when it is over & done with:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've gotten some new glasses that I wasn't happy with, but for the most part, I'm delighted with new glasses. I get new lenses every year, and new frames every other, so I have a lot of old glasses around here that still work. I'm looking forward to getting a new pair early next year. I might try blended tri-focals this time.

    ReplyDelete