Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 22, 2013

There must be a reason

I was really looking forward to seeing the surgeon this morning, because I just know from how I've been feeling that I need surgery soon.  I went out to the car at 9am and the battery was dead - wouldn't even make a sound.  The sign on the dashboard - "VSC" was showing.  How I hate that electronic stuff - I would normally have thought "Oh, my battery is dead".  But looking it up in my user guide I'm told to take my car to a Toyota dealer.

I couldn't take it anywhere so I waited for AAA to send out a tow truck.  It was the battery and the tow driver jump-started it so I could drive the mile over to Jesse's Neighborhood Garage.  They installed a new battery and it looks like I'm good to go now, although I missed an important visit with the surgeon.  It's been reset to December 6, which means that my holidays will truly be messed up.

I had no other choice but to call the lab rescue people and cancel this weekend's date to meet the lab I so wanted to see.  All around it's been a bummer and I can't do a thing to change it.  I just have to keep in mind there is a reason for everything, and just accept what I can't change.

The worst part of it is the discomfort I am going to suffer while waiting who knows how long until surgery.  Thank god I have the gym to work off my frustrations.




8 comments:

  1. Why didn't you leave the car and take a cab to the appointment? It's good that you don't have to wait long to get another appointment. If you were up here you'd do everything possible to make the first one as the next one could be six months down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate it when a vehicle lets you down at the most inopportune time? No doctor visit and worse, no dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer, Gypsy! ... been nice if you had someone to call to give you a ride ... I would imagine a taxi would have been expensive but sure hate you have to wait... I hate waiting...

    and yep... let go or be dragged!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything happens for a reason. If you need the surgery first, the doggy will wait, it is harder to adopt older dogs so maybe they will hold him for you since you have a medical reason.We are praying for you and hope all will turn out okay. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame to miss that appointment. I too think the dog will be there when you are ready. So glad you have the gym exercise really does make a world of difference. Whatever it turns on sure always perks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you said it things happen for a reason. We can only take one step at a time. It will come together when the time is right. Of course I'm not waiting for things to happen you are so that makes a world of difference to you.

    We are not getting slammed with your rain and it sure is chilly.

    ReplyDelete