Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 4, 2013

Everything is looking up!

The visit to the eye surgeon went so well that I'm on top of the world right now.  He said my transplants look great, retinas are great, and no sign of macular degeneration to speak of - just the normal lead-up to what I will be dealing with in a few years.

I told him I only had one more year on my driver's license and didn't think I would be able to renew it.  He said, "You will, you will."   I was there for a good while having to undergo several types of exams plus the exams for new glasses.

I went from there directly to the Walmart near my house which is where I always get my eyeglass prescriptions filled.  As much as I dislike Walmart in general, their Optical section is superior.  Luckily I asked about the size of the lens - if it mattered when it came to my vision.  The tech told me the distance and intermediate vision is the same on all the lenses, but a larger lens gives way more room for reading.  I selected the frames I can live with, and also ordered the lenses with the automatic darkening capability in sunlight.  I was able to get them in a copper tone rather than grey, and I'm happy about that.  I have always preferred the copper sunglass lenses as they seem to brighten everything up.

So I am a happy camper right now.  After the eye appointment I headed straight over to REI and bought two books on hiking in the Trinity Alps and vicinity (northern CA).  They didn't have the map I wanted so I will probably just order it from the Forest Service.  I didn't want to have to wait for it to be mailed, but I will read the books in the meantime.

I also bought one each of 5 different energy bars for after working out.  If I can find one I like I will probably get a box of them.  Since I have no pain anywhere or in any muscle, I plan to join Jeannie and Donald at the gym this evening for a good workout!

It has been so windy the past two days that I don't want to spend any time outdoors.  I had thought about walking along the parkway over by CalExpo, near the doctor's office, but didn't want to deal with the wind today.  The sun certainly is bright though, and the world looks good from where I am. 

 

9 comments:

  1. Things are really going your way these days and your spirit is shining through. I am super happy for you. Glasses at Walmart, after once getting charged a fortune for cheap crap at Target I would never have considered going to Walmart. Can't wait to see you in your new specs. Great news about the driver's license. On to more travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sherry I can say along with Gypsy the Walmart people do it right when it comes to Glasses and fishing gear as my boating pal Billy Bob will tell ya. Glad to hear all is well with you peppers ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news and one less thing for you to be worrying about. hope you had a great work out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you have some positively positive things going on in your life at the moment. Isn't it just the greatest feeling when things work out well all round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Gosh! There will be no holding you back now :)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy about your great news. You are on top of the world. Love good news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am tickled that your exam went so well... Hope the new glasses improve your reading as well....

    ReplyDelete