Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Survived!

Just got back from the Volksmarch, which turned out to be 11.08 km!  I'm too weary to figure out the conversion, but it's probably somewhere around 7 miles.  I can never remember if you divide by 1.2 or multiply by .6, or maybe it's none of those.  Seven miles sounds right, and I'm sure draggin' - feel every mile of it!

It is a beautiful day for such a walk, which was in and around midtown Sacramento, and includes a gorgeous upscale neighborhood, many artsy type shops, restaurants, old Ft. Sutter, etc.  I had forgotten but you usually walk by yourself or with your own group, so of course I walked alone.

I didn't want to carry my larger and heavier camera so I took the film camera with color film.  I hope to finish off the roll very soon and then I can post the few pictures I took during the walk.

I carried a small pack with my wallet, water, a couple of snacks, the camera, etc., and added one of my fleece jackets as I got warmed up by the walk.  I think next time I should reduce the amount I take along and keep it as lightweight as possible.  I never did like fanny packs, but that would be lighter in weight and wouldn't hold as much.  I will try to find an ultra small and lightweight unstructured pack the next time I'm in REI.  I guess this means I'm going to continue these walks.  Next Thursday's walk is through old town Jackson, CA.

I just ate a cold hamburger - I cook several ahead and keep them in the fridge for times like this when I need a good dose of protein.  My legs hurt and I think I will just stand in the hot shower for a while.  I feel pretty good that I was able to finish the entire walk, even though I had my doubts about the last .08km.

I just want to mention that I've noticed a few blogs in the sidebar that don't show up when they should.  I realize I've been missing some posts, but normally I just scan the top of the list until I get to the posts I know I've read.  I will have to check below those to see if any new ones have popped in there.  

A shower and a nap, and I will be as good as new!

 

7 comments:

  1. You done good!! BTW, some blogs I follow don't seem to always show up in the side bar so I go directly to the Blogger Dashboard where I know for sure they show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Gypsy that is great! That's a long way. I think you'd better take a day off tomorrow and let all your muscles recover. They are probably wondering what is going on here. Were other people out walking it too? I am having trouble with my blog not appearing on blog rolls. I put my own on my roll so I'll know if it comes up on other people's after some folks asked me why I hadn't been posting when I had. Sometimes I have to post it and pull it back 3 or 4 times before it shows up. I don't know what's wrong with me and blogger. I guess because I won't go to G+ they've got it in for me. :-)....maybe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like these walks will be good for you. I'm just not ready to do that much walking. Right now I just walk to and from work, sometimes twice in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great maybe in a few more walks you will be able to team up or bring someone along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go. I am beyond impressed. You are really getting into great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful. Congratulations. You sound much happier now you are able to be more active what with the gym and these walks. I discovered how much I like walking in a group situation this year. It's a pity there are none close to home.

    Glad you had a protein meal when you got home.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are right multiply by .6. Good for you Gypsy

    ReplyDelete