Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 21, 2013

Just a note -

This is just to say "Hi", since I don't really have anything else to write about.

I just put a pork sirloin tip roast into the oven.  I haven't cooked a roast in so long I'm not sure how this will turn out.  But I'm going the whole way and even mashing potatos to go with it.  I think the attraction of cooking a roast is that I will have leftovers and will have a day or so when I won't have to cook.  I still haven't made the soup, but the beans are cooked and in the fridge, the italian sausage is in the fridge, and I still have to get some sweet potatos to go into it - the rest is just stuff you pull randomly out of the fridge and throw in - celery, tomatos, onions, etc.  No additional cayenne though.

Later:  The roast turned out very well and I sure haven't lost my touch with pork gravy!  I wish I had some home made biscuits to go with the meal.

4 comments:

  1. I like throwing a roast in the crockpot and then we can eat off of it for about three days. Love those days when I don't have to think about what to fix. Spent forever trying to set up the pedometer today. It doesn't like my strike or my vibration or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ain't gonna be tell'm ya how to cook or nutin like that, but if;n you put them sweet taters in my soup, you gonna be eat'n alone.
    For a bit of spicy, try creole seasoning instead of cayenne. You will thank for this tip the next time you make soup. On fried eggs.....yum boy howdy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful. I almost always cook enough for two or three meals. It's so nice to have leftovers in the fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so good. I always cook extra and put it in serving size container and freeze then I only have to make a veggie. Some day I will cook all day just so it's all done and there is a variety in the freezer. Learned to do that when I worked.

    ReplyDelete