Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Back on Track

I'm feeling much better today, and I think I just ate something that didn't agree with me.  Or maybe it was something else, but I'm not interested in finding out what it was!

I got new insoles for my walking shoes today, as I'm going to begin walking regularly.  My son, Steve, reminded me that I used to do 10km Volksmarches frequently (I think they sometimes refer to it in the U.S. as a Volkswalk, but it is an international thing.).  They are usually 10km (6.2 miles), although sometimes there is a shortcut to the route that allows you to walk 5 or 6 km.  

Tomorrow morning I am going to join a group that is walking at 9:15am, and I hope I can do the entire 10km.  It will certainly tire me out, but that's okay.  There is a 6 km route so I can bail out early if I need to.  I'm interested in meeting other walkers as well.

I got started on these walks when I lived in Sacramento in the 1980's, and then continued them when I moved to Northern Virginia.  The routes are usually marked with colored tape so you don't get lost or confused.  Some folks just do the walk while others keep track on a card.  I always kept track but when I reduced my possessions and moved into an RV I think my Volksmarch book and medallions got tossed out.  It's too bad because I had lots of miles racked up.  I remember driving to Folsom, Vaccaville, Fresno, and other towns in CA to take part in walks there, and it's a good way to see new locales.

I think I deserve at least a short nap today.  Or I could go outside and sweep leaves on the driveway.  The nap wins!  By the way, thanks to everyone who commiserated with me when I was feeling bad yesterday.  Ya can't keep a good gypsy down for long though.

5 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking up. If I take a nap, then I cannot sleep at night:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Volksmarching, been doing it for 16 years. A lot of my blogs are about the Volksmarches we've been doing.

    Have fun on your walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just makes me smile to read these posts about your yoga and the gym and now the walking. It is just wonderful. You sound so much better and happier and I am really glad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear you are better today. And now your going to start walking some real miles. Have fun

    ReplyDelete