Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 28, 2013

Cooler weather

Today turned out to be in the 60's with the sun shining most of the day.  I did 2 loads of laundry and had it hanging on the line - about 3:30 pm I looked out and the sky was dark with clouds.  I got the clothes off the line and folded, but it never did rain and now the sun is shining again.  

I debated going to the gym this morning at 9 am, and ended up going.  An instructor leads this class and we keep changing from one machine to another, then switching to cardio for a while, then working with free weights.  I managed to do ok although I'm sure everyone knew I was a newbie.  They all seem friendly and laid back, mostly in the retiree age range although a few were younger.  After the class the instructor does about 10 minutes of work with abs that anyone can stay for, and of course I did.  

I thought I'd be really wiped out this morning after yesterday's workouts, but I felt fine and am glad I went to the gym.  Back at home this afternoon I could feel the aches in my abs, but I guess "no pain, no gain" is the thing.  I'm surprised at how quickly I snap back!

The wind blew so hard yesterday evening and into the night.  The trees across the road in the little park area lost a lot of leaves, and most of them blew into my yard and driveway plus those of my neighbors on either side.  I swept up a huge pile of leaves from my driveway and into the street in front of my house.  I still had tons of them to sweep up and collect, but I had no intention of bagging all the leaves from the Park's trees.  The maintenance men were here later in the day and collected the leaves from the street.  I am in the direct path of the prevailing winds, and everything is blown this way.  It's disheartening to see the dust collect on my house, porch & railings, car, patio furniture, etc.  I just try to turn a blind eye to it all.

Hey, I have better and more fun things to think about than the dust on the outside of my house!  And I'm on a roll with better and more fun, so I gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

7 comments:

  1. It's true the more you exercise the better you feel and the more your body rebounds. You just sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing really well with the work outs. I sure wish I could hang sheets and towels out on a line. When the weather is cool and the wind blows they just smell soooo good. Not allowed to hang clothes out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really doing so good with your exercising. And I think it's helping you feel better mentally as well. The dust will be there later so I agree - ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you do feel a lot better. I give you credit for taking the time to got to the gym and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as it is muscle ache and not joint ache go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day, Gypsy,
    If'n you had a fishin' pole and a billy-bong you could go fishin; and
    while away your tensions, gain wrist-strength and make friends with the neighbors when you gave them the fish you caught!!! Work on them abs girl, pretty soon we'll see you in all of the beer commercials.. Six-pak abs Gypsy !!!
    Do you know how to pronounce OKLAHOMA??
    THAT'S RIGHT OKLA HOMA!! There's a BIG GAP between the A & H, that looks great !!!! Especially in that RED OKLA HOMA tee-shirt!!!

    It's going around the 'net', you'll see it...

    Hope your's is a HAPPY DAY !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea Gypsy don't you just love don't have a dam tree on my land but end up with my fence line fill half way up by Dec...Good job on the work outs.

    ReplyDelete