Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 15, 2010

Trying to get it all together

This is the last week I will have to gather what I will take with me to Arizona. The week is sort of punctuated by "time wasters" - two doctor appointments! I have an appointment to see the doctor on Wednesday about the results of my bone scan as well as the weight problem, and then the eye surgeon on Friday. The eye appointment will be a piece of cake, even on a Friday, because it is probably not even 3 miles from my apartment.

I tried to buy a rubber mat for the truck bed today - they had one left for a Ford truck but the box had been opened and was still not closed completely, plus someone had wrapped a plastic tie to hold it together on one end. I asked if they had any others as I didn't want to buy something in an uncertain condition. I was told by a clerk that I could order a new one if I was willing to pre-pay it, and she asked the man working with her if he would go check to see if there was a possibility of receiving it before Friday. He was gone a few minutes and the next time I saw him he was assisting another man with merchandise. Needless to say I decided to leave without the mat or the lock I had in my hand for the generator. Pep Boys lost a sale of $100 today, but I doubt anyone there is concerned about it. A stop at two other stores didn't locate one, so I may just give up and buy it in Arizona.

I bought Lady a new rectangular orthopedic bed for the camper. They are expensive, and I didn't even buy the premium model. I set it upright against the wall (don't want her getting it covered with dog hair yet) - she sniffed it a bit but left it alone. She knows it's for her though.

I tried for the last time to set up the iPod, but the instructions leave a lot to be desired. It will probably end up in a drawer so I don't have to look at it and realize what a waste it was to buy it. I hope that's the last hi tech item I am tempted to get.

At about 8:20 pm yesterday I passed 100,000 views of my blog. That is outstanding to me, and when I began writing it I had no idea that it would be so well received and read. I thank each and every one of you for making this possible.

Six more wake-ups!

9 comments:

  1. Is your ipod a Nano or a touch? They're really easy to set up with your Mac and itunes. All you have to do is plug it in your USB port and it brings up itunes on its own. I only use mine for music so I put in a CD, it asks if I want to copy, I say yes, it does and then it updates the ipod.

    Not sure what you want to do with yours, you've probably said but I do have a short memory. Anyway, don't put it in a drawer, they are a great little machine. Gordon has an ipod touch (mine is a Nano) and the has over 2500 e-books on his.

    You can get a manual on-line if like mine, the manual you got with it is severely lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 100,000 Gypsy. I am always amazed as well at numbers like that. We were just talking iPods today too. Kelly has a Nano & thinks I would enjoy an iPod as well. I'm not so sure...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on your ipod. Once you get on the road, I'll bet you can find someone to help you set it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our IPOD hasn't been used in months now. Maybe when we sit still for awhile in AZ I'll try and figure it out but then again maybe not.

    I'm really excited for you to start out for AZ and to read about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find a teenage, almost any teenager will do and I'm sure they can fix you right up with your ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on passing the 100,000 mark.
    Back when I had a bumper pull RV and a cap on my pick-up, I bought one of those pads for horses to stand on and put it in the back of the truck. Worked well and sure did pad the bed of the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your dog uses the bed, we bought a $45 one for one of ours, and he sleeps on the blanket I got from the thrift store for $1. on congratulations the 100,000 mark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the 100K mark. I am sure someone can help with the ipod setup. It is a great tool. I am using the ipod touch, which also allows free internet access from WI-FI hot spots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have an iPod Classic, have loaded it with all our music and some we downloaded. There's still room for photos, videos, etc., but we don't have any use for that. Where are you headed in Arizona? If you are coming east enough, we'll catch you before you fall into New Mexico. Take you out to dinner at the Horeshoe Cafe, our new favorite.

    ReplyDelete