Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 22, 2010

1st Night in my Lance

I arrived about 1 pm Arizona time, and was met at the park entrance by Dave. He introduced me to the camp hosts and then we went back to his very large site, where he has a 5th wheel (gorgeous), the Lance, and the cargo trailer. I unloaded most of my stuff into the Lance, made the bed so it's ready for me to fall asleep early tonight. I put a lot of things away but will probably redo much of it when I get my bearings and know how I'll be using everything.

It is small, going from a 5th wheel with 3 slides, to an apartment, and then to the truck camper. It would be perfect for me but I'll see what happens when I have to step over Lady in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom! She appears to really like it here, and there is a gate to the open desert where I can let her off leash. Of course she was happy with that. The bad part for her is that her fur has picked up tons of little sand burrs and I couldn't find her brush. I was certain I had brought it, but it's nowhere to be found so tomorrow I'll have to pick up another one. I pulled off what I could with my fingers but there are just too many, and I know I will step on some when I get out of bed.

I really enjoy getting to know Dave after emailing and talking on the phone for several weeks. He is every bit as nice as I thought he would be - he even grilled chicken tonight and had me over for supper! I have a lot to learn about the systems in the camper - I haven't been in my 5th wheel since last April, and I can't believe how much I've forgotten about living in an RV.

I'm tired tonight and am going to turn in early. Tomorrow is a shopping day to pick up some items I didn't get before coming to AZ, plus stocking up on some groceries. So I will cut this short and try to post within the next couple of days. I also hope to have some pictures - I took a few from the road today but haven't even looked at them yet.

15 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are in your new home. I won't say settled. You can take your time getting everything set up properly. Can't wait for pictures. Inside and out! It's going to be fun reading about your new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you!Can't wait to see pictures of the Lance. Where are you off to now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those burrs are terrible to step on, be very careful. Is the camper on the ground or did you load it already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! You made it! Sooooo happy your search for your new RV is over and you seem to be very happy so far (and Lady, too). I can't wait to hear more - reading your blog tonight, I could just put myself in your place and feel it. Have FUN tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have all that waiting stuff behind you & now it is 'hands on' time. You will be anxious to get things organized & stowed away. Soon, you will be good to go & you & Lady will be off on another Gypsy traveling adventure. You guys will be like a little house on the prairie soon:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Gypsy so glad to hear you are now united with your Lance, Good things happen to Good people, Bet Lady is in seventh heaven being able to run now be free of a small apartment. You to. A free bird now. be safe out there, Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! A new just right for you RV! Wanna see some pictures, wanna catch up with you out there in the desert somewhere! Go Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It won't be long before it feels like home! Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow an accomplishment to be united with your newer and easier RV. Here's hoping you can get it loaded with minimal problems and be on your RVing way.
    Learning to live in the smaller space will be somewhat of a challenge for a while, but soon it will become second nature!
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you made it OK and hope you really enjoy your stay. I am sure you will.

    Just curous, are you in an RV park, a State Park, or BLM land? When you are out walking around, don't forget to look down. Don't want to miss a gold nuggut or step on a rattle snake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new rolling home! We wish you many happy, safe and trouble-free miles. And, we can't wait to see the pics!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, Gypsy! Congrats on your new home. Things will work their way around and you'll soon be an expert on how it all works. Hope we get to meet up at some point in the desert or beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that you have connected with your new digs Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new RV.
    I, too, can't wait to see pictures.

    A slicker brush will get those stickers out of poor Lady. Please make sure you check under her armpits, those burrs can leave a terrible sore there. I hope you keep some slippers handy for night trips down to the bathroom area.

    Happy Tails and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete