Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 20, 2010

One more wake-up!

I'm all packed - Jeannie came over with the girls and packed all my boxes and bags into the truck; Steve came by also and removed the tailgate for me and strapped a couple of items in the bed of the pickup. I'm ready to roll out of here at daybreak. I hope to make it to Barstow, but it will depend on traffic and daylight hours. There shouldn't be much traffic until late morning, and I hope I'm well on my way by then. The worst I can face is heavy rain, but I'm optimistic.

Lady has been relieved ever since we put her food container and treats into the truck, which clearly indicates that she is going somewhere with me. I hope I remember to get her food and water dish before heading out.

A quick shower and a roundup of last minute items to take, and I hope to get to bed early, although I will probably be too excited to sleep. Depending on connectivity and how tired I am tomorrow night, I might post a short entry. No doubt when I get into that hotel room I'll turn on the TV and be glued to the weather and history channels until I go to sleep. I'm just about as excited as kids used to be with the thought of getting to watch TV, although after 10 straight minutes of commercials I will no doubt realize why I don't have or want a TV in my life.

13 comments:

  1. Have soooo much fun. At least wait until the sun is kind of up before you head out. Drive safe. All that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to know you are ready to go again. It's been a long test of your patience while things sorted out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Travels! I'm so happy that you're getting back on the road again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best on your journey Gypsy. This departure date sure came up fast. I knew you were heading out soon but just hadn't clued in it was tomorrow already. It's always great to finally get underway after weeks & months of waiting & planing. Looking forward to your life & times on the road again:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just might discover that the commercials are actually the best part of what is on TV anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are SO excited for you and this next chapter in your life! Anxious to see pics of your new rig all dolled up and loaded and rolling---

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just now reading this on Sunday morning. You are probably on the road. I'm so excited for you....hope you have smooth and uneventful travel. Enjoy!!! I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe travels! We look forward to hearing about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always hard to sleep the night before a trip. I can't wait to hear about your travels.

    ReplyDelete