Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 19, 2010

Good news today

I went to see the eye surgeon this afternoon and he was very happy with the situation. My eyes show great improvement. I told him, "but I can't see very well, and my sight kind of goes in and out - blurry/good/blurry/fair". He wants me to continue with the eye drops and he wrote me a prescription for reading glasses. He agrees that I should drive to Arizona this weekend. I didn't mention that I'm buying a camper and will be driving more back than I leave with, but this guy would cheer me on I think. I always come out of the office happier than when I went in, and I'm hopeful I'll be able to read a little better when I get the glasses. I'm not going to let myself get too excited about it though, because the place I went to for glasses after my cataract surgery healed was a complete waste of money.

So except for the rain which is predicted to fall from now well into next week, I'm getting more calm about the upcoming trip, and the anticipation is building.

To add to the good news, my brother-in-law opened his eyes for the first time in several days. He was running a fever and they couldn't seem to locate the infection, which has turned out to be pneumonia, and he is responding to treatment for it. I am so happy for him and for my sister, who has only left his side when the ICU kicks her out in the evening.

I brought the dog bed that has been in the truck back into the house so her new bed will be there for our travels. I put it next to her big round bed thinking I would brush all the excess dog hair off, but she appropriated it immediately and has enjoyed having 2 beds to stretch across. (She knows I am writing about her because she just turned around and looked up at me as if to say, "Now be nice".

I have so many loose ends to tie up tomorrow that I am totally overwhelmed. My daughter is coming over and maybe she can help me get things in a little better shape than they are in right now. I was going to give the place a good cleaning before I left - HAH!

10 comments:

  1. Great news about your eyes. Keeping the fingers crossed for the glasses to help. Lady just wants to make sure you aren't going to leave her behind. And you can clean house when you get back. Relax and enjoy. (Yeah right!)At least enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see how you trip goes.

    Glad the eye doctor had good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so much good news.

    All the best as you hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to be in an an upbeat mood before heading out on a trip & I think you have hit the nail right on the head:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news Gypsy! Have a great time on your trip, once you get going and have been on the road for a day or so I am sure you will feel much more relaxed again. Safe travels and Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you hear your BIL is improving. Hope the glasses will help your eyes.

    Don't worry about the packing. My sister always says "When in doubt, take less stuff and more money".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is falling into place and looking good for launch.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news Gypsy!! I'm glad your doctor is supporting you. When do you get your glasses? Try to calm down...it will all be as it should be. Lady just picks up on your anxiety..and whatever activities. Dogs are very intuitive. This will be her first trip with you...right? Let her give you comfort...'cause she'll need it too. Til next time....see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gypsy!

    I am so glad to read that your eyes have improved! I really hope the drops and the glasses help as well.

    Excellent news about your brother in law. He is in our hearts and our prayers for a speedy and a full recovery!

    Have a fun and safe trip!! {{hugs}}

    Angie & Family

    ReplyDelete