Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 12, 2010

I love the generator

Since I bought the Honda generator I haven't had an opportunity to try to start it at my apt. bldg. I wasn't worried because I found Lassen Park's Honda genny so easy to use last year, and although mine is a lot smaller it should be ok. I took it over to Steve's and it started right away, and is more quiet than I thought. The customer service rep where I bought it tried it out in the shop and I thought it was noisier than what I hoped it would be. Out in the open it just purrs along very quietly. I sure wish I had the strength to handle the 2000 model but I don't, so I will be ok with what I have.

We made arrangements for Steve to remove the tailgate next week, and he showed me how to use the ratchets to strap items in the bed of the truck. Would you believe I just could never wrap my brain around how ratchets work, so I never bothered with them. Even when I took my propane tanks to be refilled I used bungee cords to hold them in place. I should have learned all this stuff when I was younger, but I guess it's better late than never. I really wish I had someone to travel with, but then when I think about it some more, I'm better off that I don't.

The day was beautiful because the sun shone and I find it so much easier to drive in sunlight. It never did get above the mid 60's though, so I guess really warm Sacramento weather will be a rarity between now and next summer.

I didn't mean to imply that I think I'll need a parka in all of Arizona next month, but I'm sure I would appreciate having one if I happen to get to Grand Canyon, or any places at high elevations. So JB, you will probably be ok in t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops.

I got out my big flashlight today and looked under and in back of everything to find all the gloves I'm missing. I looked in my truck, where I usually keep a pair of insulated gloves for really cold weather - only found one glove! There is definitely a leprechaun hanging around hiding my gloves! He will probably release them after I've gone and bought some more.

6 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a vest also. I find it hard to drive in a heavy coat. I did see one at Wal Mart, but I was in so much pain I didn't stop to try it on. I need a XX large one I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your new Honda generator fits you just perfect and if by chance later on you decide you want more power, then you can upgrade but I bet your energy needs will be met with what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even at lower elevations in the dessert you might just really be glad you have that parka at night. I sure do like mine. And I love that sunshine. Glad we're getting back to it. Even though it was cold in Albuquerque the sun was shining and it was beautiful today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honda generators have a good reputation and I am sure you will be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless you want to use a microwave I think your generator will be powerful enough. I am not sure about a hairdryer but I used to dry my hair in the sun and then use a "Braun" propane styling brush. I'm looking forward to your travel Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desert nights are always cold & it will depend on your elevation as to, 'how cold!!' Days can be pleasantly warm but at 4 in the afternoon it's as if someone suddenly turned the thermostat down & you will be scrambling into your warmer clothes. At the ranch the temps usually drop below freezing every night so we have to disconnect our water hose. In the desert you will need both summer & winter clothes. Sounds like a mighty fine generator you have. I remember many years ago my Dad bought a brand new Honda generator. Brought it to his cottage, lifted it out of his truck & set it on the ground. Went in the cottage for a few minutes, forgot about the generator, came back out & backed over the Genny with his truck totally ruining it. I am so much like my Dad. Be careful where you set that generator......

    ReplyDelete