Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My down vest arrived today from Cabela's, and I'm thrilled with it. It is a roomy fit, but I want to be able to wear a couple of layers underneath it, and the same for the down jacket. Two or three years ago I bought a flannel shirt from Cabela's that matches the vest in color, so I took a picture with the shirt included. I will no doubt look like the Michelin Man when wearing these garments, although I purposely looked for and bought models that had smaller and more compact channels for the down. Would you believe that there are down jackets made with the channels running crosswise the full width of the garment. Now that is a Michelin Man look!


I am not very happy with my dog this afternoon and she knows it. If we happen to come close to another dog and the other dog growls and acts aggressively, Lady responds the same way. Who do they think owns the damn sidewalk. I am so sick of the territorial nature of dogs that I'd like a vacation from all of them. (Maybe I need to take a cruise, but it would have to be "no pets allowed".) I can see if they are on their own property, car, etc., but walking along a public sidewalk? I'm sorry but I'm just tired of it.

I'm probably frustrated at finding out that I am going to find it very difficult to load everything in the truck. The new dog bed takes up more space than I thought, and I have a lot of items to place behind the driver's seat. Her bed is behind the passenger seat and I usually pull the seat forward to give her extra room, which also reduces the amount of space to put things in the front passenger side and on the floor. If it wouldn't cost so much I would put her in a kennel for the 3 or 4 weeks I'm gone. But she doesn't have the required shots for kenneling, and I'm not scrambling to find a vet as well.

Jeannie just stopped by to give me her blood pressure monitor so that I can check my pressure daily as requested by the doctor. I hope it doesn't rise, because I hate taking meds for it. She also offered to come by on Saturday and help me pack my truck. All my kids inherited from their dad an incredible ability to pack efficiently into a small space, and I know any one of them can get more into my truck than I can. He was phenomenal, and so are they.

8 comments:

  1. We have 'our times' with the dogs too but it generally passes quickly. For us, they are priority & we adjust ourselves around them. Not always easy & nerves get a little frayed at times, but for us, that is the way it is here in Animal Land:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy,
    As you pass through PHoenix area (will you?), stop in at the Cabela's store there. It's a huge wonderland!

    emjay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are spiffy jackets! I am still learning about the foibles of the dog world, but I do understand how they can get on tour nerves.

    Our little guest has separation anxieties and it can really get on my nerves. But as Al says, we are just trying to adjust.

    It looks like you are getting real close to departure day. It will all get better when you start down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jackets and the shirt looks great in the vest. It's as if you bought them matching.
    If you end up having to take blood pressure pills it is not the end of the world. I have been on them for quite a few years and they don't bother me a bit. Hopefully you won't though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vest and jacket. We're in Benson, AZ tonight and it was 79 degrees and sunny and no wind. Just absolutely beautiful. I am so glad to be back in the land of warmth. But I still need a coat at night in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice vest. Don't forget, your dog is probably your best friend. Even best friends can have irritating habits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg does the same thing, but I am convinced it is me she is protecting from those hair brushes with legs, not the sidewalk. She is fine and just wants to play as when she is loose. The leash must have something to do with her territorialism.

    Bit of a nuisance but we get around it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the vest and shirt - really pretty together.

    I know what you mean about having a dog. Sometimes it would be easier without Katie. I always have to go right home from work (or wherever) because she's in the house, and sometimes she needs more attention that I want to give, but she is such a loyal, loving little girl. I would truly miss her.

    I know it will harder to RV full-time WITH her, but I can't imagine doing it WITHOUT her.

    ReplyDelete