Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 1, 2010

Lunch out today

I drove to Steve & Megan's today, and went with them and Liam to a favorite restaurant for lunch. I was really craving their fish and chips, and it was excellent. The lunch is just enough for me - two beautifully cooked filets plus good french fries & coleslaw. I am not a lover of fries but these tasted so good I ate most of them.

I got an early start from home as I wanted to stop and buy a couple of items. I did the trilogy of K-Mart, Target, and Walmart, and I have to say they are DISMAL! And getting worse. They are continually reducing the merchandise I go to those stores to buy, in order to fit in their grocery departments. Walmart has even remodeled so that you have to pass through the food section in order to get to anything in the store.

I got tent stakes and doggie glucosamine tablets, and I hope I don't need to go back into one of those stores again for a long time. I should have stopped at Big 5 to get the tent stakes, but I went over some side streets and didn't drive directly past it.

I'm hoping to use the tent stakes soon, but I have a long babysitting day ahead of me tomorrow and will get through that. Joe & Sarah are going to bring their girls over to keep me company. I'm glad for it although it will mean a lot more noise and commotion with 4 little girls, but I don't think I could handle two of them by myself all day long. I'm sure past my prime in that respect. At least I can take Lady over with me and leave her in the back yard.

I didn't get many comments on yesterday's post, and I certainly hope no one took it literally! (Irony: n, The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.)

8 comments:

  1. I sure agree with you on the merchandise in Walmart. Their shelves are always pretty bare. And I've also noticed that they are cutting out the brand names in order to just carry their brand. However, we stopped in a grocery store here in this little town and for a loaf of bread and a pkg of bagels it was $7.18.

    Hope you survive your babysitting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I took yesterday's post literally - I believed every single word, Gypsy, you are a very wise woman!!

    Have fun babysitting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the babysitting tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have fun, and you can rest the next day. :)

    At least Lady goes with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that I think it's nice to have two pets. When I'm gone, Katie would love to have company. Sometimes it just doesn't work, though. When I could, I always had 2 dogs or 2 cats. As far as being leader of the pack, I talked to a dog trainer, and he said I was letting Katie be the leader, and had to change my tune if I wanted a "good dog." I did, but it's hard. Much easier to spoil them! :)
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a habit of frequenting the Wal-Mart stores while traveling. They have cleverly made it too convvenient not to stop there. We sometimes overnight in their parking lot. It's a one stop shop joint. Everything we need is there & it saves us running all over the place for stuff. It's too bad about their overall, 'Made in China' ethics though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure are brave. Four little girls all at once. I would be climbing the walls. Thanks for the info on George. I did finally just send him a email. I guess I could join the shout box, but don't really comment on his site that much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine you will be exhausted by the end of today! My grandkids can wear me out in very short order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I go into that new WalMart I go in by the garden shop and don"t have to go into the food section. It definitely is larger than I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete