Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, October 10, 2010

RV in my future?

Thanks to a sharp-eyed reader, I have found what looks to be a good Lance truck camper for me. I haven't seen it yet, although I've discussed it at length with the owner, so I won't write much about it now in order not to jinx myself and my chances. To say I'm excited would be the understatement of the year! So for the next 2 or 3 weeks, please just keep your fingers crossed for me.

I went to the farmer's market this morning and bought some good items, including a small cantaloupe that is so delicious I couldn't believe it. We forget how tasty fruits and vegetables can be if we don't get a chance once in a while to get them soon after being picked in the field. I almost didn't stop, as a pass through the parking lot didn't turn up a parking space I could get in to without great difficulty. I decided to park across the street in front of a for-lease building, and I'm sure glad I did.

I then went on to the library and found a book by the same author who wrote "The hidden life of dogs". The sequel to that book is called "The Social Lives of Dogs: The grace of canine company." My old canine has been very inactive the past couple of days, and hasn't eaten much although she certainly goes for her treats fast enough.

I haven't been very active today, but by contrast I'm starving! So I will stop at this point and have my supper.

12 comments:

  1. How interesting! I just got a wild hair and checked my truck for the max weight to have in the bed. 1880 pounds is all. That is barely 200 pounds more than the dry weight of the smallest Lance camper I was looking at. With this weight limitation, it seems the Castle is what I will stay with. It was a thought anyway. good luck with your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I was by myself I could sure get cozy in one of those Lance truck campers alright. Just had a look at their site & & there is some nice models there. I don't mind smaller spaces if it's just me. Had a couple VW campers years ago & just loved the darned little things. You already have the truck so you are well over half way to making your dream happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually been in a truck camper before. Maybe I'll ask to tour some of them here before I get to leave. :) Went through a campground I think you'd like today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers and toes all crossed! Now I want cantaloupe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy, we got a Lance camper in 2000 & traveled all over the continent (Mexico, Alaska, Newfoundland as well as almost all of the US states & Canadian provinces) in it until we bought our full time rig in 2006.
    We absolutely loved it & highly recommend Lance for its excellent quality. Hope this one works out for you!!!!! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find something you like. I know you are ready for a trip! I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you! I think this will be the answer you've been looking for. An RV that is suitable for those small forest parks or places off the beaten path. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truck camper would be a great perfect for you, Gypsy! And Lance truck campers are very highly rated so I sure hope this deal works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, Gypsy. I am going to go in their site and check them out. Can't wait to see pictures of yours. Great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the truck camper! I hope that you find the perfect "home away from home" for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! I'm sure you are itching to get back out there. ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete