Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trying to get fit

I think some of my recent upturn in mood is attributable to the exercise program I've set for myself. I was starting to feel that way back in the spring when I was doing a lot of walking with Jeannie, but then she went off maternity leave and back to work, coinciding with warmer daytime weather, and the walking sort of fell by the wayside.

I will have to admit I feel the aches and pains that programs with stretching and working with weights are apt to bring on. If I move my left arm a certain way, it lets me know that it just wants to rest at my side. And walking does the same thing with my legs.

No matter what discomforts I have I hope I will continue doing what I'm doing. I won't go any higher than 2# with the weights, though, at least for now. The AM and PM stretch sessions that I began yesterday are excellent. I remember now how good I was beginning to feel when I lived in North Carolina and this was part of my daily routine. The biggest problem is finding the space to stretch out in without hitting the furniture or the dog.

I have been lightly searching the ads within CA and surrounding states for the truck camper I would like to travel with. I want nothing elaborate, i.e., no slides or fancy electric things with remotes. I just want to be able to travel to places that might otherwise be off limits to a larger rig, and/or spaces that I can back in to easily.

While I like all the comforts of life, I think there are a lot of them I can do without, keeping just those that I need. I realize that I could straighten up the 5th wheel so that it looked pretty presentable, but this apartment is entirely different - don't know why that is. I can't even blame Lady for cluttered countertops!

So I will keep looking at leisure for now, and hope I can come up with something that will serve me well for a few years.

7 comments:

  1. You might want to check out this site..you can bid on stuff-
    Have to register..but it could be worth it looks like some great deals!
    http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DisItems&Cat=6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does lady help you with your exercises? When Jim does his back ones, the girls think he's playing and keep licking his face.

    Good luck with the camper search. Mother Nature is waiting for you to get back out there and enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be a heck of a lot easier to find a new rig to buy than trying to sell one. There are a lot of great campers around that should serve your needs nicely. Hope you find one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to hear that your search is now on for the perfect camper for you. I do think that as you get "fit" a truck camper will be the perfect "fit" for your desired lifestyle. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss seeing the picture of your rig! Can't wait to see what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your upturn in mood has to do with a lot of things. Excersize, selling the 5th, and looking for something new. You've got some positive things to look forward to and work on. Keep on...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the new picture! Don't miss the Hikker pic at all. Can you get a camper that can be unloaded when you stay for long periods of time near your kids? If you make a list of all the stuff you have accomplished there in Sac, you have come a long way....

    ReplyDelete