Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, October 24, 2010

What to do on a rainy day?

Go Shopping! I didn't get much, just an outfit to exercise in. I can wear anything when lifting weights, but the stretching routine is another matter. I usually wear my pajamas which are loose to begin with, and they get in my way, so I bought a fancy schmancy tights and top (on sale big time!). I also got some protein powder, strawberries, bananas, ice cream and whole milk, so I will try to make a shake for breakfast. I need to gain some weight really seriously and put some fat on - unfortunately my metabolism makes that a problem. My son in law has the same problem, so I will share my vanilla powder with him, and he will share his chocolate with me. I hope the ice cream and whole milk will make it more palatable.

I had forgotten what the rains can be like in a California fall and winter, but it all came back today. You can watch the rain come down in sheets, usually blowing sideways from the winds that seem to go along with the rain. The 10 day forecast is for temps in the 60's which I am happy enough with, and we'll have some sunny days as well.

I want to buy a generator for the truck camper, but don't know if I should get the 1000 model at about 26#, or the 2000 at 46#. I can no doubt lift 46# but do I want to? Some things are easier than others to lift at the same weight. I don't plan to use a lot of appliances in my shorter travels, so it's not like I absolutely require a larger model genny. And I can always hook up to 30 amp electric in campgrounds if I need to. I'm sure that whichever model I buy, I'll wish sometimes that I had the other. Murphy and his Laws no doubt have a lot to do with that.

12 comments:

  1. I certainly do not have a problem with gaining weight, I can only wonder how that would be.

    On the generator, if you could list all the appliances you might want to run at one time on a regular basis, you might be able to better decide what would be best. If the total is close or greater than the 100's capacity then the larger one would be better if the weight is not going to be too much of a burden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would go with the bigger one. You can perhaps find a good spot to mount it or in a compartment where lifting won't be such a problem? double the power might be very important if you have to charge up a battery or rely on it for longer periods of time? Or run a rooftop AC in horribly hot weather?


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would go with the bigger one. You can perhaps find a good spot to mount it or in a compartment where lifting won't be such a problem? double the power might be very important if you have to charge up a battery or rely on it for longer periods of time? Or run a rooftop AC in horribly hot weather?


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless you want to run the air conditioner, I would think the 1000 would do everything you want to do. Maybe not all at the same time, but everything would run in its turn. 26 pounds is most of one of your LP bottles, so I would think that would be a nice weight to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Honda 1000, it is not big enough to do anything for me but charge my battery! I am thinking of selling it and getting a 2000. The 1000 should be enough for you, you can run extension cord to your camper from the gen. and plug in TV or small fan.When are you getting your camper? How about heat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. At that weight, they are both rope pull starting. The bigger one is going to be twice as much pull to start, or close to it. Better test it first.
    George (Tioga & George) got rid of his bigger one and went to a 1000 watt Honda, but he depends upon solar most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you poor baby! Just kidding, I know gaining weight is as hard for some people as losing weight. Just more of us having to eat less than we want, so it's hard to relate. You should have good luck with the powders. You'll also gain muscle weight with your exercising regime.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that 'losing weight' just seems to a never ending struggle. Been unsuccessfully fighting with that for many years now. Defeating alcohol & nicotine seemed easier to get a handle on than this weight problem.
    If I were trying to decide on a generator I would probably err on the side of a bigger one with a piece of logic in my head telling me, "too much is better than not enough." Doesn't necessarely make it a right descion but that's just kinda how my mind works.............

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you have room to store it and you dont have to lift it too high,go with the 2000.The 1000 is only good for lights/fans and battery charging.With the 2000 you can at least run a microwave or toaster oven.
    I use my microwave a lot when boondocking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know a thing about generators, so I can't give you any input there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had your problem of not gaining weight!!! The fun I would have eating all the goodies I now have to avoid.
    We only had a 750 W generator but it did not even run a hairdryer. It was only used to charge the batteries. We relied on solar power which is nice and quiet (for the neighbours too ☺) I would think the 1000
    W would not be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know anything about generators, but I have 10 extra pounds I can let you have. :) We have solar panels on our roof, but have no idea how to use them. I guess we should either sell them or read up on them. I don't think we will ever use them though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete