Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 8, 2010

Side kick - HAI-YAAAAAH!

The Taekwondo class was interesting, especially the "Little Dragons", which is the group Autumn is in. She passed the test and now has a yellow-white belt (or did they call it a white-yellow belt?).



I was very proud of my granddaughter as she was attentive, polite, and kept her eye on the instructor the whole time. Some of the little kids were nearly bouncing off the walls! She was assertive during the actual class and test, but became very shy when it was her turn to go up to receive her belt.

I was fortunate to be able to spend 5 weeks at the COE Compound in Seoul, Korea in the 1980's, and on Organization Day, which was a fun event, they had a Taekwondo exhibition that was fascinating. I'm not really interested in martial arts, but it is amazing the amount of skill, control, and grace is needed for it.

I went to Staples this morning and bought a plastic tub that has rails to hold hanging file folders, so I hope to be able to organize the box of files I have. From beautiful wooden file cabinets in NC to a cardboard box under the bed in the 5th wheel, these files have become scrambled and out of order, and in some cases obsolete. I have gone through them to try to set up an organized system, but I wish I had bought the labeler I pondered over for at least 10 minutes, deciding in the end I didn't need a labeler. If was afraid if I got into it I would be labeling everything I own!

Having been a woman of high organizational skills in my former (work) life, I reject it all now and prefer to mostly be a lazy slob. The trouble is that old habits don't want to go away, so I am only half each of an organized slob.

After a lovely week of weather in the 70's, we will head into the 80's tomorrow for at least a week. Most long-time Sacramentans are already crying about the cold foggy weather ahead, but I'm looking forward to it. Maybe by the time it gets here I will be able to head out in my new RV, whatever that may be.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Autumn - hai-yaaaaah!!

    Always better to a half-organized slob than a non-organized one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie Autumn is. Good job for her passing the test. Nice pics today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good thing to be highly organized, but semi-slobbish at the same time! So who's going to complain when you travel solo? You always have to clean up anyway when you're about to move, so why rush it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for your new set of wheels:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is adorable. She looks very cute holding her belt. I am also looking forward to pictures of your neww camping home. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete