Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Miscellany

Not much happening today. There are a couple of storms brewing out in the Pacific that will bring some rain, and I have had a slight headache off and on today. I guess it's something to do with the air pressure, although I don't understand it.

I set up the ironing board and got out the iron today to press some pants that have terminal wrinkles. I have used this iron no more than a dozen times since I bought it several years ago, but it has never worked right. To make matters worse, I can't find a sturdy ironing board that doesn't wobble and make the iron fall on the floor, so I think the iron is totally worthless. I tried to use the steam function and it just dripped big blobs of water all over the clothes, and the iron didn't got hot enough to dry them.

Not knowing what kinds of flying insects I might find in Nov/Dec in the SW desert, I ordered my favorite Skin So Soft with Bug Guard from Avon, and it was delivered today. Actually, I ordered 4 bottles - 1 for me and the rest for my daughter and/or d-i-l's if they want them. It's handy to have on camping trips, or for sitting outdoors in the evening.

So you ladies who have ever ordered Avon products know what happens - you get the product along with about 100 booklets of specials and the next couple of campaigns, and quite a few small samples. It is fun to look at all the pretty stuff and ponder where in the world I would wear it. I rarely wear jewelry any more, never wear make-up or perfume, and only once in a while wear lipstick. But I'll find something I can't live without, be assured.

Thank-god-it's friday and my weight lifting will take a 2-day break. I've just completed the 5th week of faithfully lifting the weights 3x a week, and I'm looking better, I think, at least more muscular. If I hold my arms a certain way the wrinkles are just about gone, which is good. I should probably add a few more exercises but my muscles vehemently shout "NO" to that idea.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

11 comments:

  1. I just picked up an Avon brochure when I was at the Vacuum Store yesterday. She had a stack of them. I hadn't seen an Avon catalogue in years1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gypsy, you mentioned something in your post that I have as well. 'Terminal wrinkles,' but they're in my face.
    And, good news about the Southwest bugs.....there aren't any:)) That's just one of the many things about the area we like. Have never been bothered by bugs or flying insects. Kelly says I bug her from time to time but that's about all there is in the old bug department!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have some Avon perfume in one of my bathroom drawers that stems from about 40 years ago! They went with me to Germany for a few years as well as to Indonesia for a few years. Why on earth do I hold on to them???? They still small nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Gypsy on the weight training. I do a lot of walking, but I also need to get back into the habit of lifting weights again.

    Keep up the good work! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering how I can lift weights with my face to eliminate wrinkles!

    Since I'm going to Anahuac NWR, which is a marsh on the upper Texas Gulf Coast, I had better get a few gallons of SSS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are you going to be in the Southwest? Hope we can meet up with you somewhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skin So Soft is my favorite too! I used to sell Avon, I still have some lip balm. If you ever buy lipstick, you will see Avon has good prices, when it's on sale. I have never ordered over the internet, but I think I will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the Brady Bunch. There just aren't that many bugs in the southwest and that is one of the major reasons that is where I want to be. We've had a great time exploring the northeast but I am so ready to get back to the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Proud of you for kepping your exercise routine going. I wish I had time right now to start, but will hope I can do it later. You have a great week end and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ACK.. I ordered ONCE from a lady, and now she keeps on dropping off books for the last three years. I have called her numerous times to ask her to stop, but all I get is a recording and I leave a message. Her husband drops off the books in our newspaper tube every other week. This amount of booklets is is keeping us in paper for starting the fireplace? LOL

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for sticking with your exercising for so long. It's soooo nice when you start seeing the results. Glad it's working for you.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete