Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another new printer

I recently bought a Brother laser printer, simple B&W, which is incredibly easy to install and use. And for a person who sometimes has a patience issue, it prints very fast. This morning I received an email from Costco.com with various online offers. I normally just delete these types of emails unless I'm looking for something specific, but for some reason I glanced at the items on the page and a Brother printer caught my eye. It is a Brother color all-in-one printer. Yes, it has the number pad for the fax and all sorts of controls, but they seem to blend in and not stick out all over the printer, so I think I can close my eyes to all that junk unless I need it. I'll be very happy to have a scanner, and since I have been completely happy with the Brother laser printer, I feel sure I will like the all-in-one.

The price? $49.95 (plus CA sales tax), with free shipping. For less than $55 I am essentially buying a scanner, but will also have the option of printing in color, alhough I doubt I will use it for color printing unless I want to print a photo. Those things use entirely too much ink, and I never have been able to get it right on the first try, so it's cheaper in the long run for me to go have a photo printed commercially. I will also have a copier as well as a fax, but I think I would need a land line to send or receive a fax?

I walked with Jeannie at Mather Field last night. She had Arianna in the stroller, so towards the end of our hour I offered to push the stroller as I know Jeannie likes to run a few laps around the soccer field. Speaking of running, a group of teen-aged girls were practicing on the field. As we were walking I heard girls approaching, quite a few of them (I counted 14), all talking a mile a minute. As they passed me I realized they were running! I might be able to run one length of the field but talk while I'm doing it??? Oh how youth is wasted on the young. I'm sure they don't think anything about it, whereas an older person who suddenly received that gift would be overwhelmed with elation and gratitude!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I have mentioned it before, but I love your new header. I thought I was getting a good deal on my latest printer too, but come to find out the cartridges it uses run out twice as fast. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Stay safe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too boughta Canon pixma 250 Copy, Scanner, color printer at Wally World for 40 bucks, Rick turned me on to a mail order cartridge supply place where I am able to get xtra capacity cartridges for $4o for both instead of $30 dollers each at Walmart.The name is 123inkcatridges and it is on the web. quick service too. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to use the lesser ink option in your printer preferences. Save big time on ink usage, and also speeds up my printing time.


    Selene, NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job scoring a new printer/scanner. Can't usually beat Costco for good stuff. I really need to stay out of that store more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Think you will like having a scanner. I use mine regularly, often just to scan documents into the computer so I can rid myself of stacks of paper around the motorhome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a HP PSC and when my color and black cartridges run out I go to Walgreens for refills. Frequently they have specials for $9.99 refills which is much cheaper than anything I have found. Plus, Walgreen's is just around the corner. I have my HP since 2002 and have never had any problems and I use the color printer all the time for graduate school.

    ReplyDelete