Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 11, 2010

Why do I blog?

Sometimes it's really difficult to know why I do it. I do know, though, that it isn't the same as when I started out, and I feel bad about that. I've been tempted quite often in the past few months to just drop it, but I like to keep a journal of what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, what I'm thinking, and a blog is perfect for that. I'm not sure if I would continue it if I didn't publish.

What I am going to do for at least a while is to write my blog, and read the blogs I usually read, but I'm skipping the comments. If I have a comment to make I will email the blogger, assuming his or her email address is available. And I will only comment once in a while. I don't mind it at all if I don't get any comments on my posts. I think my email address is posted, so if it's really something you relate to, disagree with, or just feel strongly about, then email me. And if you like to use the Comment feature, then go ahead, but just understand that I am not planning to reciprocate for a while. I can always change my mind, but I'd like to try something different that may keep me in the blogging arena for a while longer.

5 comments:

  1. Well Gypsy, at least there are two of us out here who understand why we are at this point in our blogging journey. I know exactly how you feel & why. And, I think you finally reached the point I did awhile back about the 'comment' section of the blog. If it was just me here by myself I would never have turned my comment section back on. Like you, I felt if someone was interested enough in something I said they could send me an email. My blog gives me a reason to get out with my cameras. When I stop the blog some day I'll just put the cameras back in the closet & wrap up another era. Do what you feel is right & hang in there Gypsy.....I know how your feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me. If you're curious about what we're commenting, you can check. If not, you can go awhile without reading them.
    I don't usually answer comments anymore - sometimes, but not often. But I do often get a chuckle from them, or learn something new. It's nice to know someone is interested in what I'm writing.
    I don't expect my comments to be answered. Like you said, if I really want an answer, I'll e-mail you.
    Please know that we'd miss you if you stopped blogging.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good idea. There is more to life than blogging and blog reading. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your blog. Thank you for taking the time to share your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to reading your blog every day. It would seem that you are in the situation that a lot of ladies might find themselves some day.

    Judie Ashford

    ReplyDelete