Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 18, 2010

Music, music, music

I just returned from Steve's house where he spent 2-3 hours putting 20 of his CD's onto my iTunes. Eighteen of them are Jerry Garcia and the other two are Dave Matthews and Phish. I will have a lot to listen to for a while. Yesterday I checked out 4 CD's from the library and imported them. I listen to CD's mostly while driving on a long trip (I'm getting ready!), and once in a while at home depending on my mood, but mostly listen to Pandora Radio in the evenings at home.

I'm about convinced I need an iPod to carry all that music for traveling, but then I think of the price of one and how I will only use one application out of many, and it hardly seems worth the money. I need to actually watch to see what has to be done to listen to it - if there are a lot of technical steps then I will forget it, and fast!

When I got home I backed into my spot, perfectly on the first try. A worker who is painting the fences remarked "You are really good in reverse. That is unusual". Normally I don't do it so well when there is an audience, but I hit it spot on this time and it was all I could do to keep from shouting "DAMN, I'M GOOD". I'm just glad someone recognizes that fact. I don't know if he thought it was unusual because of my age, my gender, or just because it is unusual to be able to drive well in reverse.

When I was learning how to drive we had a very long driveway, so I got lots of practice. Some of my younger siblings were driving in reverse long before they were old enough to be on the streets with a temporary license. After several of us had moved away from home, we would always gather on Saturday afternoons so little brother Steve could wash our cars. Of course that meant jockeying all the cars around, back and forth on the driveway and into the street in front of the house, and he was a good driver long before he turned 14.

While at my son's house today I showed him how to access my blog and post an entry "just in case". I plan to live life to the fullest, but it doesn't hurt to cover all the bases.

Well it's time to walk Lady, grab a quick bite to eat, and then I'm walking this evening. All this darn exercise has me losing weight, and I can tell my clothes are a looser fit. I need to start drinking milkshakes!

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could lose some weight!!! I lost a bit when I was sick but have gained some of it back. Drats...
    You can buy an MP3 player quite reasonably that will hold lots of music depending on the size you get. Not much of a learning curve either to those. Much cheaper than an iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise move to tell your son how to access your Blog. I too have been thinking that someone else needs to know how to get stuff on my laptop and specifically my blog.

    Stephanie was very brave but I'm so grateful to here for thinking of us.

    I could do with music on an Ipod but first I meed the player. Maybe I'll get lucky at Christmas. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got an ipod Nano a couple of months back and I love it. All you do is plug it into the computer, itunes comes up and it asks if you want to load the new music to your ipod. Easy peasy!

    I think it's an excellent idea for all RVers to have someone who can access their blog to make notifications if needed. We all hope it's not needed but as we've seen this weekend, you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly has an iPod but I can't get those silly little ear bud speakers to stay in my ears. They just simply fall out. I learned many years ago to back up using the mirrors & that seems to work just fine. No twisting around in the seat like pretzel trying to look out a back window, except for when we had the fiver. Sure glad I don't have to do that anymore. You too:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son was visiting me on Saturday, when I got news about Margie and Bruce. He then suggested that I had better let him know how to access my blog as well. Never thought about it until he mentioned it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me...you will love an iPod, probably a nano would serve you best. They are very affordable, especially when you ask Santa to bring you one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you mentioned giving access to your blog to your son. That is something I am going to do tonight. We have an IPOD but I've never figured out how to use it. I let Jim do that. I do know how to listen to it so the music that's on it now, will probably be on it in 10 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought an iPod Shuffle ... just to listen to music when I am doing my daily walk ... http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_shuffle ... smaller and not bad price-wise.

    ReplyDelete