Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What a night!

Last night the rain poured off and on, really heavy at times, and the wind was blowing all night.  I could hear things being bashed around outside, and I've heard of cars being damaged by fallen trees in other areas.  I don't see any real damage around here, but it was a noisy night.  The rain continues and will continue for days.  Not having TV I have no idea what the reservoirs and rivers are like, but the weeds are almost out of control by now.  I bought a 2 gal. pack of vinegar and 2 boxes of salt, so when Steve brings over his sprayer maybe we can get started on eliminating some of them.  My little sprayer hurts my finger after just a few minutes using it.

I saw my chiropractor this morning and then stopped at the gym on the way home, which I like better than the one near me.  That climb at mine up two flights of stairs tires me out before I start, and makes my heart rate about 5 points higher before I've done anything.   I know it is recommended to skip a day between workouts with weights, but I wonder if it's the same with walking.  Probably not my luck!  I thought about cutting it short today but if I start that then it will be downhill from there.  Gotta keep up the momentum!  I noticed quite a few women in my age bracket (although I'm most likely at the top of the bracket) at this gym today.  They all seem friendly and committed.

I've been thinking about buying a treadmill and saving the $50 monthly membership fee (Costco has them on sale until the latter part of Jan.), but I suppose it requires motivation on my part to get in the car and go to the gym, which is good.  I'm looking forward to being able to walk outside soon.

I put fresh nectar out today for the hummers and they are loving it!   I think I will definitely try to find a small bird feeder and hope I can hang it someplace the feral cats can't get to it.   It isn't as if they are even hungry as many of the neighbors feed the darn things.   I know it's instinct, but I'm on the side of the birds!

Driving home today I saw the funniest sight a few streets from where I live.  A woman was walking a big black dog that looked to be a lab mix, and she had a big bright yellow raincoat on it!  Labs love water and don't even mind the rain, at least in my experience with the one I had.  It just struck me as comical. 

I'm so cold except when I'm snuggled under my down comforter, but I don't really mind it as I know what the hot dry spring and summer will be like.  But I'm cold!  As a reference I just looked at the 5 day calendar for Wasilla AK, and it is sunny all week with temps from 10 to 20.  In contrast, my brother in Wisconsin has a week of temps from 7 to 14.  I guess I should count my blessings!  (48 up to 60 on Sunday!!!   All with rain.)

 

2 comments:

  1. I find I never exercise at home as well as I do in a gym with others around me. I just don't do it even though I have the weights and yoga mat and CDs and DVDs. There is something about being in a room with others that is motivating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on that, and I'm alone too much of the time as it is. To tell the truth, I was thinking of how many times I would have to leave a dog if I got one, and going to the gym is a big thing to me. I wondered if I could get a treadmill and do it at home.

      Delete