Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Trip to Home Depot tomorrow

 I am going to buy a lemon tree.  Ara was there today and she told me they have some that are already bearing fruit.  I have always wanted to plant a lemon tree in the back yard and hope it grows well.  Ara has one in her back yard that is full of fruit, they are small but very tasty.  I will love having my own.

I've given Ara some outdoor furniture I never use.  For one thing I rarely sit outside because it is so dusty and dirty out there, plus there is so much noise.  I will keep a couple of camp chairs because Joe often brings his girls over when he does any work for me and we sit in chairs in the driveway.   It will be interesting to see what Ara does with the furniture as she is so creative it's sure to look beautiful when she gets finished with it.  She agreed to help me pick out a lemon tree tomorrow.

Looking at the extended forecast through about Jan 17, all but 3 days have rain; most of the days have a very high percentage of rain, until towards the 2nd half of Jan. when it becomes a 10 or 20% chance.  They are talking flood, and have opened the floodgates on the river for the first time since 2002.  I don't think it will hit my area, but my son Steve is in an area that could be susceptible to flooding.  We will see.

I will be so happy when the days are noticeably longer.  It's hard to tell now because the dark rain clouds in the skies make it gloomy most of the day anyway.

I think I may either skip my walk tomorrow or only walk half as much.  My legs are so tired.   I know it is recommended to skip a day between gym workouts with the machines and weights, but I doubt if that applies to walking.  I love the walk and it's getting so much easier, but it also makes my muscles ache.  I think I need to buy new shoes also, and good walking shoes always end up costing me a fortune!

That's all for tonight, folks.  I'm trying to get to bed a little earlier so I can get up earlier in the morning.   Sleeping late in the morning puts me off kilter for the entire day.

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but begin singing that song...lemon tree very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet by Peter, Paul and Mary. Now I'll be hearing that song for awhile. I think growing a lemon tree would be awesome. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned to go buy the tree today, but the rain has been falling heavily and steadily all night and all day so far. I'm a little tired of rain, but I'll be more tired of hot and dry in the summer months, so I'll just enjoy the rain. Yes, I will definitely post pictures of my lemon tree!

      Delete
  2. I read about much rain for California, wondering if you are in its path. One's own lemon tree - I've dreamed for my own, forever. Not to be, I'm in Tennessee; maybe I should wish for my own greenhouse. Although I had one "said" to be a lemon. Not so. Loaded 100's and 100' every year but 98% seeds and un-edibile. No smell whatever. The most wicked thorns ever, 3"-4" in. long.
    Are you back into your painting yet? I've given up on all aspects of art lately. "Tired" isn't the word! Sure regret neglecting my health way back when. Keep on your regimen but don't push yourself too hard. I admire you will's strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has been non-stop since yesterday and there is no sight of a let-up before the weekend. I don't think I'm in the path for flooding, although I'm only a couple of miles from the American River which is looking fairly high.

      You may not grow lemons in Tenn., but the variety of beautiful birds, trees, flowering shrubs, and so on is a real treat that I miss.

      I haven't done any painting in a while, and am hoping the mood strikes me soon! A week or so ago when I thought I might get a dog, I moved all my paints back into the "studio" room and just haven't brought them back to the living room yet. It's a bit warmer in here than anywhere else in the house (and it's definitely not what I'd like to call warm!)

      I'm hooked on walking, but now I need to get back to working with weights - nothing too heavy though. For my age I have good shoulders and upper arms, and I hate to see them get flabby!

      Delete
  3. One thing about the rain, it will be much easier to dig a hole. Mother has both a lime and a lemon tree but they do not put out a smell and seldom do they produce fruit. In this West Texas desert all they have are some very sharp and nasty thorns.

    ReplyDelete