Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Plans rained on!

I had a number of things planned for today but the rain has put me in the mood to stay home if I can.  I did drive over to my hairdresser this morning and just before reaching home I noticed a lighted symbol on my dash.  I drove straight home rather than doing any errands on the way, looked it up in the user manual and discovered I had low tire pressure.  I had to take care of that immediately, so I went to my local garage and was told that all the tires were underinflated.  Since I was only a block away from the gym, I did go on to there and got my walk in.  I hate to miss a day because then it will be easier to skip one now and then, although I know I will eventually.

I thought my correspondence with HeartsForPaws was finished, but I received an email today listing dogs that desperately need homes.  Also listed were several in dire need of foster homes - one was a 4 yr old black lab female, who was at a county shelter and couldn't be released unless a foster home is found for her to go into.  The way they word it is they want to get her out of "doggy jail" where she is in the timid ward, whatever that is.

I really don't know much about fostering, but I wrote (the same person I corresponded with on the male puppy) and told her I would be interested but that I couldn't drive to that county to pick the dog up.  If someone can bring her to me I would give her a loving foster home, with a possible adoption if things work out.   So far I haven't heard back from them, but maybe they want to see if they get a response from someone closer.   There is a photo of her that shows a beautiful totally black lab - I didn't see any markings at all.  Someone named her "Star" and I don't know if a foster is allowed to change a name, but I'd like something different.  Why am I doing this to myself?   If she is 4 yrs old she is out of the chewing stage, but if she's been in a shelter for very long, and depending on the environment she came from, she might need reminding of house-training rules. 

I had a long shopping list for Home Depot today but it looks like it will have to wait for another day as I'm not going back out in this rain.  I'm glad to see the continued rain though - maybe we can drop all the talk about drought.  From my experience living here in the 1980's, there is always talk about drought in CA, even when there is severe flooding.  Drought is always the specter in the background!

So far 2017 is off to a good start for me.  I'm going to do my best to make the most of the good things in store for me.

3 comments:

  1. Raining in Maryland when we left there and in Florida when we arrived here. Maybe they are tears for the upcoming inauguration. Glad you got those tires fixed. Glad your car has a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be raining everywhere, or snowing! I didn't know I had an indicator light for tire pressure, but I've been thinking one of the back tires looked low. I should have had it checked out when I first noticed it.

      Delete
  2. Seems like fostering would be a good idea for you to see how you do with a dog without making a commitment. Good for the dog, too, to have something of a respite from the shelter. You might just find a perfect companion! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete