Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 6, 2017

Sunshine welcome

It's amazing how everything looks so much better when the sun is shining on it.  Today is our 2nd day of sun, although the temp is still at the 40F mark, so it isn't as warm as it looks.

I'm taking Jeannie to her chiropractor after work and she invited me to stay for supper when I bring her home.   Donald is making hamburgers, but it doesn't matter what Donald makes, the result is always the best!

The absolute only thing I've done today is go to the gym, and I find it is getting easier to reach that 2 mile mark.  I'm in no hurry to go above that, however.  My legs don't ache as much today, but yesterday I got out the heating pad for some comfort.  Looking ahead for the next two weeks the weather doesn't look much different - mostly rain and cool.

The monthly booklet published by the Mobile Home Park office has an ad for Jan 12 next week for a "paint party".   While they don't say what kind of paint they mean, or list anything to bring except to "bring your smiling face" and create your very own masterpiece.  I need to find out more about it before I think about going.   It's at the clubhouse and starts at 5:30, but I notice they have Bunko at 6:30, so unless they have different rooms it doesn't give much time for painting.  Most events are scheduled at least 2 hrs apart.  I have no intention of getting into a Bunko group - I've heard it's fun but I am the least competitive person on the planet when it comes to games, and it doesn't appeal to me.

I just took a little nap so I can be alert and awake for the drive downtown as well as the dinner!  I hope I can get to sleep at a decent hour, but I can sleep late tomorrow if I feel like it.

 

10 comments:

  1. It is good that you are getting your exercise. BTW, never heard of Bunko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what Bunko is all about either, whether it's a game or a card game, or what. But it's popular all over the U.S.

      Delete
  2. I googled Bunko. Can also be spelled "Bunco". Wikihow tells how to play the game. It seems to be a game played with three die. There doesn't seem to be any thinking required. Just roll the dice. Over and over, I can find much better ways to entertain myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the 1990's my sister lived in Maryland near Baltimore. Her neighbors and just about all the women she met played bunko, and she was invited to play. She said it was fun because the people playing it were having so much fun and it was good cheer all around. I'm sure they had a bit of wine as well!

      Delete
  3. Dinner with Donald yummmmm! I live to play bingo and board games but only for rhe fun of it with people who don't care if they win or lose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I prefer to compete against myself rather than others. I have never been crazy about bingo.

      Delete
  4. So happy you had sun shine. I know it has been really raining there which was badly needed but sometimes enough is enough.
    Yes some miracle seems to have brought back my internet. Wonder how many complaints it takes for them to check THEIR equipment? Hope you enjoyed your sun and Donald's awesome cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we had the sun for about a day and a half. I found out that the county was issuing sandbags because of threats of flooding for residents living near canals, streams & creeks, etc. The rain started late yesterday evening and is still coming down, although we haven't had a destructive winds that occurred last week. We're in for a long haul for rain now, so who knows. My son Steve got sandbags because he has a creek running close to his house.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention that Donald made the best hamburger I have ever eaten, and a sauce to go on it that was superb! It was so big I didn't think I would finish it, but I managed! It was a nice family dinner, and it's such a difference between eating alone or with a family.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the update was wondering what level of delicious they had turned out since he is such a good cook. Now I have a craving for a homemade one but I am not much of a cook :-(

      Delete