Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Too tired to write

I worked the NYT puzzle with Jeannie & Ara this morning - it was a difficult one but we got every single letter!  We stopped on the way over at the world's best donut shop and took a dozen donuts.

My granddaughter Alyssa's birthday was a week ago and neither Jeannie nor I had managed to get her presents to her, so Ara and I drove over to Joe's house with the gifts.  We stayed for a while talking, and I was becoming concerned that I wouldn't be able to walk at the gym.

I did manage to get there and did my 2 mile walk, and now I'm exhausted.  I hope I can sleep well tonight.  The rain continues for a few more days and so far it hasn't kept me awake for long, although I can hear various drips, splatters on the roof, and the winds blowing.   I hope you all get a good night's rest.

10 comments:

  1. I have never had the patience to work that puzzle. I think a steady rain helps me sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love challenging crossword puzzles, and working this one with my daughter and granddaughter is way more fun than doing it alone. I was always on the spot with answers, but I notice now they do an excellent job as well. It makes me feel like life will go on and on, even when I'm no longer here.

      Delete
  2. I am terrible at puzzles!! Mike loves them...must be something with how my brain works (or doesn't).
    The rains have finally stopped here for the time being.
    Sleep well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hope you sleep well also, especially if the rains have stopped. They don't stop for long here, but it won't last forever. I just love crossword puzzles, the more challenging the better.

      Delete
  3. I like crossword puzzles, too, but I prefer Sudoku, which is a crossword puzzle with numbers. . so I guess it could be called a crossnumber puzzle (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to figure out Sudoku but it has never made an ounce of sense to me. I'm a "word" person mostly, and admire anyone who can do the Sudoku!

      Delete
  4. I hope you get a good night's rest. I too am about to call it a night as we have to leave early tomorrow morning.

    I think you have passed on so many traditions to your children and grandchildren that you will be forever remembered and that is always a good thing.

    I know I have told you this before but it bears repeating...I so admire your exercise ethic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms.B. I have tried to pass on the traditions that I think are worthwhile and hope my future generations hear only the good things about me.

      Ah, exercise. It is one of the most enjoyable and most difficult things I do. I get tired of things and quit doing them sometimes, but I hope to keep this one up.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure those donuts made all of your brains very sharp. Love sleeping to the sound of rain on the roof, especially on a tin roof or a motorhome roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The donuts helped considerably, but when you have 3 generations of wordsmiths together, nothing can stop us!

      I never did like to hear the rain on the roof, any kind of roof. If I'm tired enough and fall asleep fast enough it doesn't bother me any more though

      Delete