Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Back to my walk

I returned to the gym this morning and really enjoyed the walk, although I'm ready to quit at that 2 mile mark!  The sun came out for a while and I did a load of laundry which is across the street in the dryer right now.  I may be carrying it home in the rain, from the looks of the sky.  I would like to get down by the river while it is still high and get some photos.

Speaking of photos, I have one for you today.  The t-shirt arrived in the mail yesterday - it was a late Christmas present from Mike and Sandy and their two boys in NY.  I hope you can enlarge it by clicking on the picture, and are able to read the names.





I wore it when I took Jeannie downtown last night, and I love it, especially the sentiment of it.

I stopped at Bel Air on the way home from the gym to pick up a few items I need, and had so much trouble inserting my card into their new device that they had to help me.  I feel so old and inadequate - when I can't go to the grocery and get it right, I don't know what comes next.  For a long time I withdrew cash at the beginning of the month and paid cash for everything, which I still prefer to do.   There is only one ATM network that I know of to which my credit union belongs  and that's at Target.  I try to stay out of Target and especially when I'm nearly broke!

I wanted to buy a small bag of Red Mill flour because I'm going to make some scones.  There were probably 15 different kinds of flour on the display, including coconut flour, almond flour, and even garbanzo beans flour!  I ask you, if you can buy garbanzo bean flour why in the heck can't you buy wheat flour?  I suppose I could have bought a 5# bag of it but I only wanted the small one because I don't use flour much any more since I try to limit carbs.  That intention sure has gone by the wayside with all the dental issues, along with some other good intentions such as avoid ice cream and the really good stuff (such as scones!).

The rain got me - I just went over to get my laundry and took the sunshield from my car to place over the laundry basket on the way back.   I think everything stayed dry.

Thanks to everyone who responded with info on Magic Jack and other ways of having a land line in one's house.  I just looked at my cell phone usage and it seems I used 298 minutes the past month.  So you see I don't spend much time on the phone and I don't know if it justifies paying anything extra for a house phone.  I'd love to go back to the good old days in that respect, but it's not like that anymore and will never be again.



The next few days should see the last of the rain.  We may have cloudy skies and a drop or two now and then, but it looks like decent weather ahead - if you consider mid-50's decent weather.

Take care whatever your weather, rain or shine, warm or cold!  It's a good day to be alive.

11 comments:

  1. I used 287 minutes on my cell phone in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must not talk on the phone very much. I don't use it but my son in NY often calls when he's driving home from work or to a military weekend. Keeps him awake.

      Delete
  2. go to www.bobsredmill.com and click on "find a store." It shows many Safeway stores in Sacramento that carry their products. Click on any store listed, and it will tell you what they stock. the smallest package of wheat flour is 3 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had any problem finding Red Mill at any local groceries. They just decided to display all the odd (to me) stuff. It was probably in plain sight - after all, I couldn't even get my credit card to work!

      Delete
  3. I love your t-shirt. What a great gift and how wonderful to have NINE grandchildren. I have one. I'd rather have nine but I'm not sure I would have been able to mother as many children as that would take. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a look at my genealogy database. My mom had 8 children and 18 grandchildren. Her mother had 10 children (one of whom was her stepson); two of the girls became nuns and thus had no children; her grandchildren numbered 43 which included 9 step-grandchildren. Those were the days of larger families and we can't go back to that. Most farm families had many children who produced grandkids - farm work was labor intensive back then.

      Delete
  4. What a great shirt. Smart move taking the windshield cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that shirt. I got damp but the windshield cover kept my clothes dry.

      Delete
  5. I have never seen a t-shirt like that. I really like it. You are a very blessed lady.

    ReplyDelete