Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 7, 2017

I feel a nap coming on!

I was up early this morning and went to Ara's after my 2 mile walk.  Ara has moved into a house owned by Donald's Mom, who had been renting it for a while but has left it vacant for the past few months.  She offered it to Ara which was wonderful for her, as it was sometimes crowded at Jeannie's house.  Ara is now just a mile or two from where I live.

We did some shopping at Target and Costco, and it was so nice for me to let her do the driving, pump the gas, etc.  We talked about getting together at her house tomorrow, and maybe I can pick Jeannie up.  We will work the NY Times Sunday crossword together, drink good coffee with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg - a tradition with us that I love and hope we continue.

Not having TV I really don't know what is happening with the rains.  I know my son Steve got sandbags for the back part of his lot that is close to a creek, but am not sure when they expect the worst of the rains to occur.  Today it seems like they are worse to the south of Sac., i.e. Stockton & Modesto, but I'm sure our turn will come as it's supposed to rain for days on end.  I really don't mind it because it has "warmed up a bit" into the 50's, but I hope no one suffers losses from flooding.  

For some reason I'm tired and think I might take a short nap, even though I got plenty of sleep last night.  It's amazing how much easier it is to walk that 2 miles on the treadmill now.  Maybe by February I will try to increase it with the goal of 3 miles in mind.  Not sure if I will be able to do that much in one go, but it's only a potential goal and not set in stone.

Not much else going on today - I may or may not get that nap.  I'd rather just get back into the habit of getting up and going to bed earlier.  Maybe now that the uncontrollable surge of energy in the evening seems to be slowing down, I can get back to normal!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful to know that Ara has her own place to live--and a real bonus that she is so close to you. A happy turn of events that will bring rewards for both of you! Having many days of rain can be depressing, but maybe the constant worries about drought will be lessened. Sleep well. Hope you wake up feeling like a new girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is going to be so good to be just a short distance away from Ara - we can help each other out from time to time. It is also going to relieve some of the tension created when two adult women live in the same household! I'm as happy for Jeannie as I am for Ara, and of course a Mother/Grandmother loves to be happy over her chicks.

      Delete
  2. Having lots and lots of rain here. There are flood warnings out in many counties. With that rain has come low temps. We were in the mid 20s last night. Too cold for me. I would love to see some sunshine!!
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in cold winters and nights in the 20's were common, but I don't know if I could go back to that. I've been away too long, I think. Try to stay warm, and the sun will shine again!

      Delete
  3. Why is it that it is always feast or famine when it comes to rains? I know California needs it though but not the floods.

    So glad Ara got her own place and that she is close by. Do you own a cell phone? My cousin downloaded an App and it is sends him weather alerts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a regular cell phone but not a smartphone. I just make and receive voice calls with it. It has a camera but I rarely use it, since I have to send the pictures to Donald so he can send them back to me in a format I can use. At least I haven't figured out how to do it any other way.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that Ara is so close. I think you will have a wonderful time with your girls. I used to do 3 miles on a treadmill but it bored me silly. I could walk 4 or 5 outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it boring walking by myself anywhere, on a treadmill or outdoors. I don't have the natural variety and scenery you have in much of the east, but I remember backpacking on the Appalachian Trail and doing math problems in my head, and trying to remember the Latin words of hymns from my childhood just to keep from dying of boredom.

      Delete
  5. so nice that your granddaughter is living close to you.
    Even without TV you should be able to see the news on your computer.. http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/ I can't insert a hyperlink, but try pasting that url into your browser and boodmark it for news. Although sometimes the news is so bad it is best not to know what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it is more trouble than it's worth to try to get TV. There was a reason I had it taken out of my house. Also, living in a senior mobile home park they have a system to notify residents in case of emergency. I have tried getting KCRA on the computer for weather reports, but like most news services any more they run one video after another. Also, I know my kids are up on the latest events and will let me know what I need to know.

      Delete