Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 13, 2017

Thinking

I want to get the blog written a little earlier since I'm picking Jeannie up from work this afternoon.  Thank goodness the rain has stopped for now - it makes such a glare on the streets, especially in the dark.  It should be mostly sunny through next Monday, and I'm very happy about that.

So you may wonder how a person manages to walk two miles every day in a gym environment, trying desperately not to look at the TV screens everywhere.  That is when I try to do my thinking, and I think about a lot of things and solve some of my problems.

Today I thought about the subject that probably everyone in the country has thought about more than once:  what would I do with the money if I won the lottery.  As you know I don't buy lotto tickets, and the last time I tried the machine jammed up on me and kept my dollar!

Of course, we all piously think about the good works and charitable gifts we would make.  You have to think about that or the lottery gods will put you way down on the list as being stingy.  Can you imagine all the pleas for help you would get once your name was made public as a winner?  Right now I get a begging letter every day for a contribution from $5 to $25 (or more, of course).  I can't even think of the begging letters I would get in the event I suddenly came into money, and  wonder if they would come with specially printed return address labels and all the little junk that is usually sent with those kinds of letters.

After I make my charitable donations and take care of my family, it only comes down to two more things for me regarding where to live.  I could fix up this place I'm living in, no doubt at way over what a new unit would cost.  I do love this house in some ways - there is a very kind and happy spirit about the place.  But oh, the shape it's in.  If I spent some of my winnings on a new house (or at least new to me), I would have to buy all new furniture and the things that go with owning a house.  I hate to think of that because I have become a minimalist, which I think I've always been but it's a stronger feature with me at this age.

I took me 2 miles and about 36 minutes to ponder this dilemma, and I still don't know what I'd do if I suddenly came into a lot of money.  Probably die on the spot with a heart attack, so no thank you lottery gods, give the money to someone who needs it more than I want it!

9 comments:

  1. LOL at your last sentence about dying on the spot. I am just posting a blog about my shock at winning a MUCH smaller amount of money. I should think about what I'd do with the money. I used to have a long list of what I'd do but now, I really don't know. My mind always ends up worrying rather than thinking of something pleasant like winning the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you but I try to not worry about much. I don't know of one instance where worry has helped or changed the outcome.

      I rarely think about the lottery because it is just a pipe dream. Sure, someone wins but when you think of the amount of money made on it, and does anyone really know what happens to the profits? I think most of the states talked vaguely about using it for education, but our educational system doesn't show any positive results from it that I'm aware of. Someone is lining their pockets big time, and probably legally.

      Delete
  2. I think that you and me should both win the Lottery. You can win the one in California and I can win the one Texas. But dang, but before I can win I have to find a dollar or two that I don't need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem. I need every dollar I come across!

      Delete
  3. We buy a ticket once in awhile and I've often dreamt about what I'd do with the money. But then I start thinking about all the problems that would come along with it. Not worth it. But it's fun to dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to dream, but you are right that the problems it would cause could make you wish it never happened.

      Delete
  4. I'd buy an extra jar of peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could afford the most expensive brand of peanut butter, and get the extra large size!

      Delete
  5. I am like you, I don't even buy a ticket. The first thing I would do is hire a gardener so he can do all the yard work I have been putting off. I would give mother the option of fixing up her old house or I would hire an arquitect to build her the home of her dreams.

    Then I would go buy me a truck and head to Terlingua to purchase my little piece of heaven. A girl can dream :)

    ReplyDelete