Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Big Difference

What a difference it makes in a person's mood when the sun is shining.  Today has been a beautiful day and should be so for the rest of the week.   I love it, but we take what we get!

I looked at my checking account this morning and found that my gym membership had gone up by a few dollars.  I asked at the desk and was told the notice went out, and she gave me a copy of it.  I don't know how I missed that one.

That set me to looking at other less expensive gyms nearby.  There are two, one on Folsom Blvd although not the nicest part of Folsom but the ratings for the gym and personnel are excellent.  It is about 2 miles from me.  There is another one maybe a mile and a half to two miles, but across the bridge in the opposite direction.  Compared to that, I could actually walk to my current gym although I probably wouldn't because of having to cross 6 lanes of Sunrise Blvd. and waiting  an interminably long time for the Walk light to come on.  

So I will think about it for a while.  I always enjoyed going with Jeannie & her family, but I don't think she is going to be going for a while yet.  Also to meet them at the gym near their house is about a 5 or 6 mile drive, and since she goes after work and is usually late, I end up driving home in the dark even in summer.    I think I'm going to make a visit to both gyms in the next few days and ask some questions, especially the one on Folsom Blvd about the safety of their parking lot.   Everything else about that one has the highest ratings except for location.  I think it might be the least expensive if I sign up during a promotion.  I'm in the habit of going every day but I don't have to drive far; will I drive a mile or so out of my way every single day?

 Arianna's class recently had to verbally present a report  to their class, together with their ancestor charts and info.   From being so shy she could hardly speak in front of anyone, she has blossomed and could be heard in the back of the room.  She hated every minute of it although she gave an excellent report!  Tomorrow evening the school is having an "ancestor dinner" for the families of her class.  I remember going to it when Autumn had to do the same report.   I wonder how dressed up the parents get for this - I would probably be out of place in my "Grandma" t-shirt, although I don't normally worry about being out of place.  I've reached the age where it's okay to be eccentric, and I play it to the hilt sometimes!

I'm leaving in about half an hour for the drive downtown, so I'd better get myself together.  I ate an early dinner (or late lunch, whatever) and am almost too comfortable to move.  I chopped up a hard-boiled egg and added it to my mashed potatoes for extra nutrition, and it is really good that way.

 

8 comments:

  1. Sunshine is the GREATEST!!!! Glad you got some!! So did we ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful, isn't it? It makes the whole world look brighter and better.

      Delete
  2. Sunshine does make a difference but the 49 degrees was little hard to take, but the air smells so clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get much higher at 51. Next Monday is supposed to be a whopping 60 but cloudy most of the day. They will change the forecast before then, probably more than once.

      Delete
  3. Sunshine does a lot for me. We were sunny today but rather on the cool side...sixties...I really can't complain.

    When I hear you ate potatoes, I become envious. My doctor told me I had to give up potatoes, peas and corn which are bad for people with my ailments :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely eat peas or corn except in a vegetable soup now and then, but could never give up my potatoes!

      Delete
  4. The sunshine is the real reason I think folks flock to Florida every winter. It's nice that the temps are mostly warm too but I think the sunshine really makes us happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be on to the reason so many people love Florida in the winter. The sunny days seem to do so much for our mental states.

      Delete