Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Took advantage of the sun!

But the sun just wasn't hot enough today to dry my towels on the line, so  I had to put them into a dryer for 10 minutes.  I did get another load of clothes washed and dried (in the dryer), so I don't feel like I wasted the day.  

My first order of business was to head out to my new gym and walk 2.25 miles.  I'm trying to make up the day I didn't walk at all, and another day I only walked 1 mile, but I might be a bit short this month.  I went by myself this morning as Ara is out of town - she went to Napa yesterday afternoon to stay with Liam and Quinn while Steve & Meg attended a party connected with Steve's work.  I don't mind walking by myself even though it's just nicer to go with someone.  I wonder if she will bring some good wine back.  I haven't had a glass of wine for ages  (nor have I really wanted one).

The depression that was beginning to settle on me a week or two ago when it was raining so constantly and heavily, is starting to lift now and I feel the joy and hope that comes with spring which is my favorite season.   Winter hasn't shown us its final insults yet, though, and I'm sure we'll have a few rainy days before it's all over. 

I got my rent bill yesterday which included the utilities for the past month.  As I expected I'm going to pay dearly for the extra electric and gas I've used.  I have turned on the furnace way more than I have in past years, but I just can't deal with the cold when it goes below a certain point.  Today has been a beautiful day, but not as warm as it looks.   I don't want to complain about the rain because it was desperately needed, but I could have done without the wind.  From some of the blogs I've read, there may be folks who had worse winds than we experienced here.  I'd hate to be in an RV of any kind during those heavy driving winds.

I am definitely not a car buff and never have been, but I saw a car parked next to mine when I came out of the gym this morning that really impressed me for some reason.  It was a Fiat, very small, with sort of an updated WW-II look.  Remember the old movies with scenes of Paris streets?  Well this car reminds me of something like that although probably smaller and much smarter looking.  It was gorgeous to be exact!  I want one.  I'm usually more likely to lust over Ford trucks - I saw an F-250 with dually wheels yesterday that made me do a double take.  I'm lucky to have the car I own, but every now and then I dream of driving something new and different.

My legs hurt and I ache all over.  I think that's an indication the exercise is doing me some good.

5 comments:

  1. We also have been having more sunny days but not warm. And today the wind started again.

    I have the weather channel on my laptop and it shows parts of Cal still having some drought and other it is almost back to normal. They think with the snow melts the drought might just be over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will never admit the drought is over, because by the nature of CA there will always be drought somewhere. It is desert, after all, irrigated, but desert nonetheless. I heard about a week ago that there was still 40% drought in the state. I don't believe anything they announce to the public, because it changes to whatever they want to say. Also, they don't want people to start wasting water, taking longer showers, watering lawns, etc., which I can understand.

      Delete
  2. Note to Linda A.
    I received your comment to yesterday's blog after I had already published a new one, so I will tell you I have what they call a "black card membership". It allows me access to an area that has two hydromassage beds, a wicked chair that I didn't realize you could change the settings on (I thought my back would never be the same!), the thing I referred to as a "telephone booth" that vibrates your entire body and uses a heat lamp; they also have tanning beds but they don't push them and I had to sign a waiver that I didn't want to use it. That membership only costs an extra $10 a month, and the hydromassage is well worth it. I would hope all Planet Fitness locations have the same type of facilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun was not hot enough here either to dry some hand washables so I just hung them in a drying rack inside the tub. Our electricity bills tends to be higher in the winter because mother is very cold natured but the one this month was quite high considering this is a small house.

    In Del RIo we can not seem to keep a gym long enough before they go out of business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my furnace set to go on when the temp dips below 55. Sometimes when I get up in the morning and it's 55, I turn it up to 60, and that has been what is driving my gas bill up. The electric is from the use of space heaters, but it's too cold to not use them.

      There are a lot of gyms in the Sacramento area, and I would think, all over the CA area except maybe the rural parts. There are a lot of advantages to using a gym rather than trying to keep fit on your own.

      Delete