Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Make Hay While the Sun Shines!

I decided to do that when I woke up and saw sunlight!  I started the first of two loads of laundry before I even had coffee.  Got it dried and folded, and then went to the gym for another 2 mile walk.

I drove to Home Depot to pick up a few items, including a grab bar for the back wall of my shower.  I am so happy to have the one in the front, and finally picked up another one for the back.  Everything seemed more difficult to find at Home Depot this morning and I did a lot of walking up and down aisles.  I bought new cord for the "Lady" lamp but will let Steve find the hardware to hang it.  I don't know where Ara intends to put it, but when we have it updated then it's hers.  Goodbye Lady.  It's funny how comfortable I am with that big old lamp sitting right in the front of the room, and I smile when I think of my dog.

When I went to pay I realized I had no credit or debit cards with me.  I keep them in an aluminum holder I bought on Amazon, that is supposed to prevent anyone from scanning your card number as they walk past  without you knowing it.   The clasp that hold it shut broke after only a few weeks use, and the cardboard dividers for separating the cards are starting to fall apart, but I'm still using it.   I put the card holder in my coat pocket the last time I used a card and didn't wear anything but a jacket this morning, so I had to run home from HD and retrieve the cards, and back again.  I'm glad I don't live far.

While I was in that neighborhood I drove into Les Schwab (right next to HD) to see if they could turn the light  off that indicates low tire pressure.   The service man checked and properly inflated all the tires and knew exactly where to find the switch to reset the indicator.  I love that company and find them so trustworthy.  

What a beautiful day it is, the first of two sunny days, and then we will be back to rain.  It's perfect - we get the water we desperately need, with a little sunshine now and then to restore our spirits.

I'm debating whether or not to take a nap.  I feel like snoozing for a little while, but I know it will mess up the rest of my day and keep me awake until way too late. 

6 comments:

  1. I left my wallet on the chair in my Mom's room at the nursing home & hadn't realized until they phoned me. I had been trying to take a picture of two cardinals in the feeder & must have removed the wallet to get my camera. Glad I didn't try shopping on the way home.
    I keep aluminum foil inside my wallet to protect my cards...I have it front & back.
    Snowy here, no sunshine. ....can't wait for spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The aluminum foil sounds like a perfect idea - lightweight, nothing extra to carry, and the cards are in the wallet where they should be. Thanks for mentioning that.

      Delete
  2. I had a similar experience today, Gypsy. I went to the bank to make a deposit. I handed the girl the checks, then discovered that MY silver card holder that I bought from Amazon was not in my small purse. A bit scary! I mean drivers' license, everything. I was lucky. I keep that small purse in the center console of my car. Apparently I'd left it unzipped & the holder had fallen out. This story could have had a very different ending!

    I had a holder similar to the one you have. Got it at the Dollar Store. After a few months, a plastic hinge fell off. Then I ordered this one. I am going to email you the info. It is much better quality & didn't cost much. For my purposes small is good. I am glad you knew where to look for your cards.
    I am not as dedicated as you; I was going with a friend to our senior citizen center. We were walking 2 miles, too. Then her husband had surgery. She couldn't go. So I don't go. Shame on me!! Enjoy the sunshine----and the rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, did you see the recommendation by kwarthagal (above) to line the wallet with aluminum foil? That sounds quick and easy, and if it gets raggedy just cut another piece or two of foil. My wallet zips, and I think the foil would work fine.

      I also carry my drivers license in the aluminum case, along with Blue Cross & Medicare cards.

      I wish you were here - we could go to the gym every day. I'm afraid when the inevitable day comes that I will have to miss it, that I'll break down all my good intentions. It's never too late to start up again, so you should go back to the senior citizen center.

      Delete
  3. Boy do I wish we had Les Schwab here on the east coast. I would so love a reliable honest tire dealer given all the tires we buy. I agree that a little rain, a little sun is just perfect with the right temperatures of course. That way I can do things outside but the rain forces me in to do chores that would get neglected otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les Schwab is without a doubt the best tire place, and they will not sell you something you don't need. It's not easy to find any kind of business that is completely trustworthy, but this is one. I don't know why they aren't all over the country.

    ReplyDelete