Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Tired of rain!

It has been raining steadily since the middle of the night, and I will say I'm getting pretty tired of it.

I drove to my opthamalogist in the rain, which is about 12 miles one way with fairly heavy traffic.  I really wanted to come home and change shoes so I could walk at the gym, but the rain is just too heavy right now and I want to stay home.  I have to pick Jeannie up at 4:30 to drive to her chiropractor, and I hope the rain lets up by then.  

So I might miss the walk today, but it can't be helped.  I didn't mind a full day's schedule when I was younger, and driving from one thing to another, but I don't care for it now.  One thing in the morning and one thing in the afternoon is plenty for me.  I walked 22 days in December, and 17 so far in January, and I'll get back on track tomorrow.

No good news about my eyes, but no bad news either.  I see him again in 6 months.

Check my blog tomorrow for a picture I hope to post (it hasn't been taken yet, but Jeannie will get it this evening!).

My weather widget is showing -6F in Wasilla right now, and going to a low of -14 tomorrow.  School children don't have to go outside at recess when it gets below -12!  

Stay warm and dry, if you can!

9 comments:

  1. We have had enough rain. You can stop sending it this way. OK??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we'd had enough too, and here it comes again, up from Texas! (Just kidding, I don't know where it comes from, probably the Pacific Ocean).

      Delete
  2. I think the rains are returning to this area tomorrow. We have had such beautiful weather lately....just like an early spring. I doubt it will last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Driving Jeannie home from her chiropractic appointment we drove through a lot of debris from trees all over the road. In one place a tree fell completely across the 4-lane roadway. I'd rather have just the rain without the high winds.

      Delete
  3. Me too on the winds. They worry me. 17 days out of 19 with 2 miles of walking is way better than I do. I hike longer distances but not nearly as often. Weather really dies seem to have moved to extremes, months of drought and then rain forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel pretty good this morning so maybe my body needed a day of rest from walking. I'm anxious to get back to the gym today though. We sure can't do a thing about the weather, can we?

      Delete
  4. We are going to start another round of rain here to. I'm like you when I was younger I would drive just to drive now I don't like driving much at all. I know part of it is all the traffic that we didn't have back then. This town has really grown in the 41 yrs I have been here and winter is even worse with all the winter visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was a rich woman I think I wouldn't mind having a full-time chauffeur!

      Delete
  5. Definitely not my kind of weather. Sounds like a good idea to spend as much nice at home as possible.

    ReplyDelete