Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A day to dry out!

It is supposed to rain tomorrow and then there will be several sunny days in a row, but it's nice to see the sun today.  It turned out the wind must have blown so fiercely the water came in through the swamp cooler, which is securely covered with a tarp.  Fortunately I saw it before I went to bed and was able to mop it up.  I also placed a big piece of plastic in that area but after I dried the plastic up this morning it seems to be over with for now.

I also was visited by an old leak around one of my windows that I thought was fixed.  That window will be the first one I replace, if I can ever get the money to replace it. 

As bad as the wind was, another area of Sacramento had some trees damaged by a tornado, of all things!  And I think I mentioned in a comment that several ski resorts in the mountains reported 4 ft and more of new snow fell.  They can't allow skiing though, because of avalanche dangers.   The skiers must be bummed out about that.  I took the kids skiing once and I tried it but hated it.  A couple of my kids became decent skiers, but the younger boys mostly prefer snowboarding.  

Enough of this weather, as I am ready for a bit of spring.  I need to treat my weeds soon or they will take over the entire property.  I have some heather that I cut way back last fall, and it must have loved it as it has now spread way out.  There was an empty spot near it that I was going to plant my lemon tree, but I'm not sure if the heather would be compatible.  

When my house warms up enough I can hold a paint brush in my hands, I'll get back to finishing my oranges.  I actually want to do one more fruit or vegetable, and then I'm going to do something else, such as birds.   I've already sketched a decent black capped chickadee and a crow.   I loved watching the chickadees when I lived in NC.  The other birds would fight over the seeds, but the chickadees would line up on a tree limb and then take their turn going to the feeder.  Such manners and congeniality - you sure don't always find it with other creatures, including people.

My legs are a little achy from walking this morning, so I need to stretch them out, preferably on the couch!

4 comments:

  1. Gypsy, I seem to have internet this morning so figured I run over here to see what is going on. I heard about the bad weather and wanted to know you were doing OK.

    I can see some blogs on my phone but not your's it says you did not do a profile. Don't understand all that since I somehow have had it for years on my laptop. The guy was here yesterday from Century Link for 2 hrs, put in a new modem and messed around. He said somehow my laptop lost the IP address and he doesn't know windows 10 to fix it. Anyway lets see how long it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may (or may not) have had a profile several years ago when I signed up, but I've tried to delete a lot of personal information. I'm not sure if that is why I don't show up.

    I think the really high winds are over with at least for now, and it looks like we have sun mixed with rain for a few days. It just depends on what rolls in from the Pacific Ocean. I'm grateful for all the rain we got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice trying to reach your blog via another, a message came up there was no such blog. Can you imagine how I felt? - no following your art ever again. (you inspire me for when I do get into it again.) Many blogs won't accept or open up, so I can comment. Dizzy D's was this way this week For certain there are quirks dealing with all our technology. Fickle and testy too often, in my view, considering the fortune everything costs.Can you imagine the whole grid breaking down one day? and it could. Now, talking about being pessimistic! My apology. Seems a daily happening at my house, one thing or another and another. Then there are the 2 pups to contribute to the destruction.

    Gypsy, I hope you can soon get yourself a Lab. A Rottweiler is a fabulous dog as a Lab. Our rottweiler,Roxie, was precious but obese 100#. The world missed seeing her tend to the brand new grand baby, for it was an amazement for us every time she did this. Pure gentleness and care. Aren't we so blessed by our animals.

    Keep your head above the water, then enjoy your sunny days. It was wonderfully nice here today 60+ degrees. My iris is 5 inches high, I found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to know what is going on with Blogger this time. I'm not sure why my blog should unaccessible. I wouldn't doubt for one minute that the whole internet system will go down one of these days, either technological reasons or from maliciousness. I don't know what I'd do without it but I'd survive. People who have their phones in their hands the entire time they are awake might have a bit of withdrawal.

      No, I have just about given up on adopting a dog. I don't have the energy to do what I need to do and am not sure how I would deal with a dog. There are so many wonderful breeds as well as Heinz 57 variety, and maybe I shouldn't have limited myself looking for a lab, although they have the traits that I know and love.

      It rained pretty steadily today for much of the day, but seems to have slowed down for now. What looked like 5 sunny days ahead on my computer weather widget, now shows sun with rainy periods throughout those days. I'll survive!

      Delete