Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Just taking it easy

I've had a fairly easy and uncomplicated day today.  I drove to the farmers mkt and bought myself some green vegetables and potatoes which I made a sort of soup with today.  Aidell's mini chicken meatballs added a delicious flavor and kick to it.  I ate half for lunch and will finish it off for supper.

I then went to the gym, placing myself where I wouldn't be able to gawk at the TV screens, and actually enjoyed the walk.  I went a little bit over the 2 mile mark and plan to make up the distance for the day I lost this month, little by little.  I could actually walk for a longer time but it starts to get boring after 2 miles and I want to be able to look forward to the walk.

Last night we drove from Jeannie's chiropractor to a Thai restaurant that seemed miles away but probably wasn't all that far.  She brought home 3 dinners called "drunken noodles", with chicken and vegetables.  I haven't tasted anything like it for a long time - wonderful food!  I ate mostly the noodles, and no, they didn't make me drunk.  

Speaking of drinking (not drunkenness) I enjoy nursing a bottle of beer in the evenings, but I noticed that every night my leg cramps got worse and worse.  One night I skipped the beer and didn't have any cramps, so I tried it again last night with the same result.  I probably shouldn't drink beer right up to bedtime, but I usually don't want it until 2-3 hrs before I go to bed.  I guess I will be doing without it except for now and then.  Those leg cramps are awful and I sure don't want them to return.  You can never really tell what is going on - for a while I noticed that having a protein shake every day eliminated the cramps, but then they returned.  Maybe I will eventually go one week with the protein shakes and one week with a beer each night.  Best of both worlds!

The sun kept trying to peek out from the clouds today and it was so good to see it.  Right now it is grey and cloudy with periods of rain expected.  From the look of the palm trees swaying there must be a good breeze.  My door stayed shut and locked last night.  I'm a bit concerned about why it opened during the middle of the night in a wind/rain storm, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

With all the things wrong with my house I've lost complete interest in doing anything with it, even to getting rid of some of the clutter.  I'll have to do something about the grass and weeds before lot inspections come up, but that's it and I won't do anything more than absolutely necessary.  It's disheartening but it isn't going to take away my happiness. 

9 comments:

  1. My Mom was visiting my Dad in the hospital, when his Doctor arrived to check on him. The Doc asked how he was doing, and my Dad said "fine, but I sure would like a beer." To my Mother's shock, the doctor said "you can have your beer, on one condition." He told my Mom to bring him a six pack, but have the nurse put it in the refrigerator at the far end of hall, and he would have to walk down and get it when he wanted it. The doctor told my Mom, it's hard to find something to motivate the elderly, and there is nothing better than wanting a beer. It worked, twice a day he would get out of bed and shuffle his way down to the refrigerator to have a sip or two of beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny and so true, and if I'm ever in a hospital again I will remember it! I asked my dentist about when I could drink a beer and he told me they've found the small bit of alcohol in the beer aids in the healing process. That's all I needed to know!

      Delete
  2. "Maybe I will eventually go one week with the protein shakes and one week with a beer each night. Best of both worlds!"

    I could not agree more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started having a beer nearly every night back in the summer when it was so warm. I really don't even always want one now, but it's become a habit.

      Delete
  3. I wish we had a decent Farmers Market here, I loved buying the fresh veggies up in the mountains. The taste is out of this world.

    Hope you get some sunshine soon for more than a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is such a difference in the produce I get at the market - for one thing is was probably picked during the night and it is so fresh! We have rain today and tomorrow, and then for a couple of days mixed with periods of sun, and then I think we won't have much rain (probably not always much sun either). Last night they predicted a bad wind storm worse than the one that blew my door open, but it never got that bad. Here's to camping in dry weather!

      Delete
  4. Do you take magnesium? It's supposed to eliminate leg cramps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is magnesium added to most vitamins and supplements, and I get a good dose of them. All the things that are supposed to work for the cramps don't work, or only give me relief for a few nights. I've been okay several nights this past week, but I know they will be back.

      Delete
  5. I find that I have leg cramps at night if I don't have enough water during the day. Also like you, wine or beer bring them on. Not so much though if I drink lots of water.

    ReplyDelete