Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tour of the Fort

This morning I woke up about 6 am to a loud noise that sounded like a rushing train. The wind had kicked up and has blown most of the day, and of all days to be out walking around Fort Pulaski, I picked the coldest one so far! The building itself is an amazing feat of engineering and building, and until the advent of the rifle cannon, would have been nearly invincible. But there is a great sadness inside the structure - it has seen many horrors and I think the effects are held within its walls.

I brought back some pages of guidelines to study before beginning work on Thursday, and took care of a few administrative details. My lower back is aching a bit from all the standing yesterday, and I hope I get more used to it in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment