Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

I worked from 9-12:00 this morning and it was hardly worth going in, except that it's always fun to be with and talk to Patty and Thomas. I work again on Saturday, so tomorrow I will just take it easy and do nothing.

I am really missing my kids this evening - they make such a big deal of getting together during the holidays and exchanging gifts, and they are just energizing and fun to be with.

I understand that internet and cell phone connections are bad everywhere so I guess my rant yesterday was like preaching to the choir. Things are no better today and my Wilson antenna is due to arrive on the 28th, so I guess I will have to just put up with these conditions for a few more days. I remember when dial-up was so wonderful and new, and who would complain that it was slow--just people trying to reach you on the phone and getting a busy signal for hours. Now we just expect better connections and for what I am paying monthly for phone and internet, I think I deserve better service than I'm getting on either one. Reading about the experiences of satellite users makes me realize I couldn't deal with those problems at all, so I'm stuck!

I wish everyone happy holidays, whatever it is you celebrate, and if you don't celebrate any of them (as I normally don't) then have a happy next few days anyway! Actually the big thing to me this year was the winter solstice - just realizing that from then on the days would be getting longer, a little each day, until we get to Midsummer's Eve. I have always loved winter, cold weather, snow, and cold weather clothing, but somehow it isn't the same any longer. I want to be warm, indoors and out, but not hot. Now that's not asking for too much, is it?

7 comments:

  1. Nope! I don't think it's too much to ask for, Gypsy. We don't like the extremes at either end. Somewhere around 65F to 75F is perfect for us. We had that in So.California but also had to live with the huge population, crime, and air pollution and all of that darn concrete or asphalt everywhere!! No pretty green hills or valleys where we had lived. (Sigh) I'm never happy. LOL

    You enjoy the day, no matter what you do or how you celebrate (or don't). Merry Anything and Everything to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day off Gypsy and do something special for yourself, o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gypsy - when you find that perfect spot I certainly want to know about it so I can join you. I'm in MT with my dad for Christmas and it was -8 with a wind chill of -32 this morning when I got up. However, it was also pouring rain and dust storms in AZ. So I'm still looking.

    I agree - I think the Winter Soltice is the best because now I can look forward to some daylight.

    I agree with Rick & Paulette - do something really special for yourself and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Gypsy. Hope your day will be nice even if family is not close by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas. I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Gypsy.Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gypsy,
    Glad to hear you are getting the Wilson amplifier. It should help your reception. If you have any questions on setting it up, let me know.

    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete