Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday Night

Tomorrow is a my first day off work, and I will take care of things like grocery shopping, fueling up the truck, haircut, and maybe a little cleaning of my 5th wheel. Then I work on Monday and will do some sightseeing with one of the volunteers on Tuesday or Wednesday. I will be so glad to have someone to go into Savannah with because I doubt if I would do it on my own.

The sun may have been shining today but I was freezing on my way to and from the truck and into the Fort. Fred and Mary, the Minnesotans, are in short sleeves and I don’t see them shivering, but I wonder if they are just a little bit cold. Or are you northerners so tough you don’t realize 50F isn’t exactly tropical

I saw too many deer and egrets to count today, but still no alligator.

A word about blogs and connections: I was able to get online this morning for about 10 minutes. At that time I read some comments to my last post and tried to respond, but mostly I couldn't send anything through my email. I also was able to read a couple of blogs from other RVers, but couldn't get a comment posted. It is frustrating because this is about my only way of communicating sometimes, but I would like everyone to know that I appreciate your comments and will keep on trying to respond to them, but my connection just doesn't work most of the time. I spent two hours this evening trying to get a connection. It is one of the drawbacks of being in a setting such as this, just as being at Lassen the past summer was for me. Some days it works and other days it won't work for trying.

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Gypsy. Your followers know you are having difficulty...and we are a patient lot.

    We're in the Pacific Northwest and it is going to be in single digits next week for low's. WE ARE FREEZING. Don't know how your fellow workers can not wear sweatshirts at least. Go figure.

    Have fun sightseeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy, try checking with your fellow volunteers about how they get a good Internet signal. Or maybe check a Radio Shack. I am like you: I want to stay connected. I bet you will find a simple and inexpensive remedy soon. -Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gypsy, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I did get your comment first thing this morning! Have a great day off tomorrow and enjoy the tour of Ft. Pulaski.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got your comments dated Nov 29, Dec 1rst & 3rd. With my lack of patience I would be jumping out of my skin with those connection frustrations your having. Southerners figure us northerners can tolerate the cold better. Baloney!! We get cold just like everybody else. But here's a good comparison. Kelly sleeps in the rear of the motorhome with absolutely no heat on despite the freezing 27F temps outside. I'm in the front part of the coach with 3 heaters on low. I prefer sleeping in the tropics rather than in the Arctic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last place I had a sticks and bricks was Minnesota, and I can tell you I didn't like the cold then and I don't like it now. It was 27* here near Houston on Sat. morning...yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While backing, put hand on bottom of sterring wheel, turn wheel very little in the direction you want the trailer to go, use your mirrors, go slow. If you over steer, pull way forward to straighten up an try again, relax. Hang in there, we all have adventures. Oh an electric heator with a dial heat setting works wonderfull, nice dry heat, saves propane.

    ReplyDelete